Converting LiquidLogic CR125 or Jackson Fun into a C1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

J0sianne

Converting LiquidLogic CR125 or Jackson Fun into a C1

Post by J0sianne »

Hi!

I want to outfit a kayak into a C1. I am a girl, 140 lbs, 5'4".

I am used to paddle an open solo canoe (Zephyr from Esquif) but want to outfit a C1 so I can play Kayak Polo at the pool during the winter. (Water Polo paddling our boats!!! Sooo fun!!! ;-)

I live in Northern Canada so the choice of second hand kayak to buy is quite limited.

I have the choice between 2 quite similar boats in town:
- LiquidLogic CR 125 or
- Jackson Fun

They would be similar price for me to buy.

I want a boat that will allow me to turn quickly during the games, do fast starts, be fast (I know I won't be that fast with either boats), easy roll. I want this boat mainly for the pool Kayak Polo sessions but I can see myself go play at the wave or run little rivers.

Last year, I played into a converted Dagger Centrifuge but thought it was too slicey for this purpose. Moreover, it was not outfitted for me so I wasn't snugged enough to roll.

What would be your pick between the Liquidlogic and the Jackson?
What are the pros and cons of each?
Any experience with outfitting those boats in a C1?

Thank you so much in advance for your advices!

Take care!
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

I'd go for the LL, their boats in general are a doddle to outfit, and whilst the CR is not neccesarily as good a playboat as the Jacksons, they're much better all rounders, and you should you want to, you'll still throw all the moves with a bit of patience and effort.

I'd be wary of catching polio if I were you though. ;)
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)