sandiline skirt question

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

JFD
C Guru

sandiline skirt question

Post by JFD »

Anyone know how Sandiline's skirt sizing works? I have a newer model slalom boat (makao) with a relatively large cockpit compared to the older slalom designs. I tried to fit a Sandiline skirt on it (size 75), that was too small. I can't find any details on their website about which skirt would fit this boat. I'm assuming that "75" refers to the cockpit diameter, so I guess I'll just measure the makao and order it that way if I don't hear any different. I know there are some other options with custom skirts from other companies, but I really like the Sandiline combo top option, so I plan to stick with them.
Thanks,
jay
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Re: sandiline skirt question

Post by the great gonzo »

JFD wrote:Anyone know how Sandiline's skirt sizing works? I have a newer model slalom boat (makao) with a relatively large cockpit compared to the older slalom designs. I tried to fit a Sandiline skirt on it (size 75), that was too small. I can't find any details on their website about which skirt would fit this boat. I'm assuming that "75" refers to the cockpit diameter, so I guess I'll just measure the makao and order it that way if I don't hear any different. I know there are some other options with custom skirts from other companies, but I really like the Sandiline combo top option, so I plan to stick with them.
Thanks,
jay
Jay, I have noticed tha same thing mith my Galasport Loco. Many slalom skirts don't fit. I have a PEAK UK skirt, and it's too small. Last weekend at the Andrew Wastlake Memorial Slalom, I tried a Hiko, a Level6 and a Snapdragon slalom skirt, they are all too small. The only one that really fits is the original Galasport skirt, which unfortunately has a tunnel that's too big for me, and the Custom Mountain Surf skirt I had made for my Wheelboy. It seems as where traditional slalom cockpist are almost circular, the Galasport cockpit is more of an oval. Galasport's spec for C1 cockpit size on their European website is a width of 49 cm (~18 inches ) and a length of between 62 and 64 cm (~25 inches). Interestingly, the size of their c2 cockpits is given as 56 cm (~22 inches) long and wide. They do on their website sell c1 and c2 skirts as separate models.

The '75' of your Sandiline skirt most likely refers to the tunnel size, as that is how Europeans size them, and not the actual cockpit size. A '75 would therefore be for a waist size of 75 cm or ~ 29.5 inches. I would think however that Sandiline, being a European company and very slalom oriented, are familiar with Galasport's cockpit sizing and should be able to help you if you tell them what boat the skirt is for.

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

sandi makes one skirt size for C1 slalom...
-isaac
for the most part they are really stretchy, just get er wet first...
cheers
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.