new to whitewater

New to CBoating? Look here for loaner boats, demo boats, free boats, instruction, and other folks in your area to help you out. Do NOT post questions here - those should be posted in the main CForum.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

nsh0003

new to whitewater

Post by nsh0003 »

hey I am new to whitewater paddling and am looking for people to paddle with in the Birmingham area. I have gear, just need people to paddle with and give advice.

thanks
nathan
the Big O
Pain Boater

Post by the Big O »

Come to ALF !!! Paddler's of all levels will be there and you can get pointers from some of the best in the country. You won't be disappointed.
Have a great day, Ken
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

No doubt. Come to Lenoir City, TN anytime next week, Nathan. You'll find people paddling everything from Class I to Class V. You and your Probe will do fine.
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

Come to ALF...look up chuckneese on this board - great experienced paddler in your area!
Matt Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting - Custom Bulkhead Canoe Saddles
nsh0003

Post by nsh0003 »

thanks I will look him up. I am planning on coming to ALF if I can get a few days off that week.
Jim H

Post by Jim H »

Welcome to north Alabama! Birmingham has a large and active open boat community. Check www.birminghamcanoeclub.org. Several Birmingham and north Alabama paddlers post on this board regularly. If you want a quick intro to the group, volunteer to help at the rain-delayed second day of the Mulberry Fork Canoe & Kayak races this weekend, March 12 & 13. This will be the recreational/plastic canoe and kayak classes. They will be hanging gates on Saturday and racing on Sunday. The race site is less than one hour north of Birmingham near Garden City. See alabamacupraces.com for contacts and maps. Also, don't miss the Locust Fork Classic races on March 26 & 27.
nsh0003

Post by nsh0003 »

thanks Jim. I will see about this Saturday and try to get off work for the 26th and 27th.