Need suggestion for a C1

New to CBoating? Look here for loaner boats, demo boats, free boats, instruction, and other folks in your area to help you out. Do NOT post questions here - those should be posted in the main CForum.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

telemarkfreak
C Boater

Need suggestion for a C1

Post by telemarkfreak »

I am tired od getting water in my open canoe, I want a c1 for down river. Do you have any suggestion for me. I tried the Atom of dagger, I liked it very much and it is already outfitted, but I need some more choice in order to make a good decision. Thanks
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

There are 4 pages of conversions listed under the search boats drop down thing in the upper left.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

Just converted a remix 69 this year. It is both a great downriver and creeker. Found the price for a brand new boat without outfit was pretty good too. I would be happy to let you jump in it if we ever get the chance to see each other on a river.

I think you are in ottawa, right? I run the red river sometimes in the falls...
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
mathieuf
c

Post by mathieuf »

I want to convert a remix into c1 too! Im 205 lbs (92 kg), Im not sure if I want to go whith the 69 or the 79. When I see on the LL web site its 59-109 kg for the paddle weight range on the 69 and 82-127 kg for the 79.

Thanks for suggestions!
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Go up to the 79, I'm slightly less than you (about 87kg) and found that the 69 sits too low in the water with my weight in it.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

If you would consider a composite boat, might I suggest the AMOEBA from Millbrook Boats. (I am Millbrook Boats).
JKaz
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

kaz wrote:I AM Millbrook Boats
JKaz
*fixed*

:D
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
telemarkfreak
C Boater

Post by telemarkfreak »

[quote="mathieuf"]Im 205 lbs (92 kg)quote]

This is when you are on a no-beer diet. Common Mathieu, admit that you've burtsed the 250lbs!

Do you have any pictures of a remix c1? How much is it? where can you get it? What are the characteristics of the boat?
mathieuf
c

Post by mathieuf »

telemarkfreak wrote:
This is when you are on a no-beer diet.
I admit im on a no-beer diet at this time :lol:

You can find a review of a remix 69 right there http://www.cboats.net/c_db/list.php?typ ... Remix%2069

MaT
telemarkfreak
C Boater

Post by telemarkfreak »

marclamenace wrote:I think you are in ottawa, right? I run the red river sometimes in the falls...
I am in Chicoutimi , North of Quebec city