What's Wrong with this Picture?

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

milkman
C Maven

What's Wrong with this Picture?

Post by milkman »

Let me rephrase that: what's wrong with this video? Lately, I've been finding myself in the minority in my own paddling club as more kayakers than canoeists come out for our day trips. The other day I was out paddling as the sole canoeist in a group of 11. On that day, two of my fellow canoeists chose to do the run in alternative craft--an IK and a hardshell kayak. I shouldn't complain though. Most of these kayakers are as loyal of paddling friends as you'll meet.

Anyway, here's a video of a run on the Breitenbush River with 8 paddlers, two of which (myself and my wife) are the canoeists. Days like this I end up filming the kayakers way more than the canoes simply because they're in the majority, but I did capture some of their carnage. And my wife and I managed to video each other on some of the drops.

The video hardly does the Breitenbush justice. There are so many drops to it and just a few of them--the ones we stopped and scouted--give me a chance to get out the camera.

http://youtu.be/NoaQV5WdZ4E