first decent sidesurf.

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

first decent sidesurf.

Post by truckeeboater »

title sez it all. critique or bash at your leisure! thanks for watching!

https://vimeo.com/64453840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peace Pow and Paddling!
canotrouge
C Guru

Re: first decent sidesurf.

Post by canotrouge »

If you what you wanted was side surfing, look good, look in control!!
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

thanks! yeah, I was going for just practicing control and being relaxed in there. it was my first go at it so the pivoting was mostly the river doing whatever it wanted with me (or so I believe, maybe I was moving very slightly to influence the pivot but didn't realize). there was one point where i found that i was having a hard time getting out, though. it's on another video that I haven't posted yet. any tips for getting out of the hole if you feel stuck? I know trying to move to the side of the hole, but this one was tricky. thanks!
Peace Pow and Paddling!
clt_capt
C Guru

Post by clt_capt »

5 seconds added for the touch on the gate after you left the surf :D

Looking good though.
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

Haha! Yeah, I was also playing a bit with running gates on that day. Our park in reno has two channels, the North channel has all the bigger holes and drops and is where the competitions are held (don't think I'm quite up to surfing over there yet), and the South channel has the slalom gates with smaller drops, so I don't think they were thinking that anyone would just post up there and surf for a bit :D . What's the deal with them anyway, green gates go downstream and red are upstream? I definitely can appreciate the challenge and precision involved in staying true to the course!
Peace Pow and Paddling!
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

Now try taking the weight off your paddle and see what you can do just with your hips and head.

Then spin around and get in there on your offside, so that we can discuss in the other thread!

Looks like a good practice spot, keep it up! If you like hitting gates, plan a trip north for the Tamihi Five-0 canoe slalom!

Pat.