First run in my new Option

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

SinglebladeBlues
C Boater

First run in my new Option

Post by SinglebladeBlues »

Put together a video of my first run in my new Option. As a bunch of you already know, WOW what a great boat!!!. I am still progressing as a paddler, but this boat has the potential to make even me look good. This is the start of my third "season" in whitewater. I've been in an Ovation until now. I don't plan on getting rid of it, but it may get a little rest while I get familiar with this boat.

I am open to both editing and paddling constuctive criticism.

http://www.vimeo.com/60325536" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy.

See ya,

Rob
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Re: First run in my new Option

Post by KNeal »

Nice, Rob. I liked the video. Have fun with the boat.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
clt_capt
C Guru

Post by clt_capt »

Nice video - COngrats on the new boat. What river - It looks very familiar...
SinglebladeBlues
C Boater

Thanks. The Option is going to be a lot of fun.

It's the Saint Francis River in southeast Missouri, near Fredericktown. It isn't our only whitewater run, but the only one that runs with any regularity. Season usually runs Oct-May. At most levels it is class II-III. American Whitewater has a little info, but if you want more, check out our website.

http://www.missouriwhitewater.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have more info on there, and there are plenty of folks willing to answer any questions you may have.

See ya,

Rob
boathead
C Guru

Post by boathead »

Hey Rob...........Congrats on the new Blackfly. I am certain you will have more fun in it than you can stand. Jeremy makes some great open boats! I picked up a new Ion for my wife a couple years ago and she luvs it. The "Saint" eh? Well if you are in your third year stroking W/W the Option should put your learning curve on the fast track. If you paddle the Saint you probably know Dennis. Last I knew he was stroking a wood trimmed L'Edge but he probably still paddles one of his many Preludes from time to time. If you want to learn FAST, latch onto him and follow him down the river (any river), match and master his style and moves and you will be the man. That dude can PADDLE!
............................The Boathead.......................................
"You don't beat this river, Chubby"..........
Randy Dodson
C Guru

Post by Randy Dodson »

great video. I haven't been to the Saint in years.

If you see Dennis or Phil tell em I said hi.
Parrot Head Paddler
SinglebladeBlues
C Boater

Boathead, Yes I do know Dennis. Have been lucky enough to paddle with him 4 or 5 times. Not only is he an EXCELLENT paddler, he's an all around good dude. Another guy I paddle with whenever I can is Dale Dortch. Great open boater, instructor and another really good guy. I respect Dale's skills and opinion concerning whitewater. One of the first few times I was on the Saint with Dale, he pointed over at Dennis and said "watch that guy, he's one the best open boaters in the club."

The last time I paddled with him in October, he was still makin' that L'edge do some amazing things.

Randy, I will try to remember to say hello to Dennis, but my memory ain't making any promises. I don't think I know who Phil is, unless I know the face, but not the name.

You guys should come down for the 46th annual Missouri Whitewater Championships. March 16th sand 17th. Several classes of slalom, downriver race and boatercross. Heck fo a fun weekend. I don't race, but there are always folks ready to paddle when the races are over, and the Friday before.

See ya,

Rob