Some Montana Fun from a few years ago. Enjoy.

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

Great Video!!
That was a epic beat down Eli took
oc ender
C Guru

Gorge creek

Post by oc ender »

Great video,Gorge creek looks pretty fun.Looked in American Whitewater for some beta but had none.Where's the put in,and is there a gauge?What time of year did you guys run it?I paddle in Southern BC often and the Koot Falls is about an hour from the border,i assume the Gorge creek is in the same neck of the woods.

Thanks,Paul
That wasn't carnage,watch this...
Jim
C Guru

Thanks

Post by Jim »

I enjoyed the spectacular scenery and boating!
Jim
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

Very nice, the slow motion action had me on the edge of my seat
Proud Yankee
Remoteproductions
Pain Boater

Thanks

Post by Remoteproductions »

Gore Creek is in the Bob Marshall Wilderness Area. It feeds into the South Fork of the Flathead River. Drive around the Hungry Horse Reservoir along a good dirt road for awhile. Two mile hike in. Class VI (supposedly) in high water.

The Kootenai is described as the closest thing you can get to the Zambezei in the US. 10-15' swells going into the rapids. Wish the Go-Pro cams were out then to have caught my worst swim ever. Got swamped going into the rapid, then flipped, swam. The rapid was HUGE with a ledge drop all heading into a massive wall on river left. I held on tight to my paddle and the ropes over my float bags of the Spanish Fly until my boat was ripped away from me. I'm one that actually enjoys swimming rapids, but this was just plain scary. I got thrown every which way under water for a long time. Eli later said he wasn't sure I was coming back up. I did. My boat did what it was told and somehow caught an eddie. I eventually came back up and Eli dragged me to the side. I had to sit and shake it off for a few. Had never felt like throwing up from a swim until then. Look forward to going back.
Sickboyuk
C Boater

Post by Sickboyuk »

Epic stuff indeed :o
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Great video! I'm glad you didn't have a helmet cam. (I'm getting sick of those.)
ESP
C Guru

Post by ESP »

I really liked how the rocks were used to keep the boat dry going through some of the rapids.