Turkey video

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bathtuboy
Pain Boater

Turkey video

Post by bathtuboy »

Here is a video of our trip to Turkey this summer to paddle the Coruh river. Appologies for the small amount of cboating though. There is some nice footage at the end of kayaker Ralph failing to cope with the straps in my prelude.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

sweet... but that looks like an ugly river to be out of your boat on doesn't it? Also... is the one slot called "go right or die"?

Have you or anyone you know of ever paddled in Afghanistan or Pakistan?
bathtuboy
Pain Boater

Afganistan etc

Post by bathtuboy »

Craig Smerda wrote:Have you or anyone you know of ever paddled in Afghanistan or Pakistan?
I don't know anyone who has paddled in Afganistan, though I've thought about it as we have a collaborator working out their studying epidemiology and it looks like he has a sweet river running right past his house. If your interested in it I would try contacting Dave Manby of 'Dudh Kosi-Relentless River of Everest' fame. He has paddled very extensively in Iran, and I am sure would know about Afganistan and Pakistan. You can contact him through a PM at http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk . He was really helpful for our trip.
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

http://www.kayakistan.com/index.html

but I don´t think Afghanistan is these times a healthy paddle destination :cry:
imagine
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Yeah, most of the rivers run out of Taliban-country these days. So if you don't get picked off by some freedom fighter in the caves, you'll get a stray bomb dropped on you by Nato, or step on a land mine.

Kayakistan (northwest) is a better option :-)
-- Cya