Goofing On Ice

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

wavewalk
C Boater

Goofing On Ice

Post by wavewalk »

Hi Adam & everybody!

Some Cboats.net old timers may remember Adam's report on the W and the pictures he posted of him and me doing the 'Penguin Leap' on ice and paddling standing.
Well, now there's an 8 minute movie on Google Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9129255748
The movie shows various solutions and approaches for different types of ice. Everything you see can be done as well (maybe better?...) using a single blade paddle, even paddling standing, J-strokes etc.

The words 'kayak' and 'kayaking' are used for marketing purposes, and in fact the W is paddled much like a canoe except the saddle is higher and wider, and the riding position is comfortable - sorry, no pain :lol:
You can kneel too.

Yoav
phreon
CBoats Addict

Crazy?

Post by phreon »

So I'm watching this video of a guy paddling his catamaran/kayak/kiddie pool/beer cooler in water cold enough to have thick ice patches, wearing nothing more than jeans and a sweatshirt? I don't care how stable that thing is, one false move and a quick death would soon follow.

To each his own,

Phreon
adamin
CBoats.net Staff

Post by adamin »

I agree that proper attire should always be worn...I'll also say I don't know what he's wearing under it...it is a promo video after all.

I do not want to seem like I'm defending WaveWalk here, but I will say, from personal experience, that the boat is extremely stable (and fast). That said, it is our collective responsibility to promote "safe paddling" so our favorite spots aren't closed to access due to liability fears.

I do agree with you, to each their own!

Keeping it positive...

Adam