Boat ride from VA to Montreal ? - Or close to US/Can Border

Does your boat need a lift? Find other CBoaters who can give your boat a lift! CBoats.net does not endorse any particular boater for transport, and obviously use your "gut" feeling of whether you want to transport your boat via a stranger. That said, literally dozens of boats have been moved safely and cheaply this way over the past few years!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

falcon_wizard
c

Boat ride from VA to Montreal ? - Or close to US/Can Border

Post by falcon_wizard »

Cheers ;-)

I'm looking for a ride for a solo boat from Mouth of Wilson, VA to Montreal, Quebec. (or Ottawa, Kingston...)

Could go pick it up somewhere in NY state, that would work too. (I'm about 2 hours from Lake Placid)

Or maybe we can have it shipped by bus to someone close to the border...

Thanks ;-)

Stephane
dccjon
C Boater

Skeeter Ride

Post by dccjon »

I have a friend who had a Skeeter shipped via UPS for less than $100 US. Worth looking at them and FedEx for reasonable shipping on smaller plastic boats.
Jon
falcon_wizard
c

Post by falcon_wizard »

Thanks, I'll look into it ;-)

Steph
kenneth
CBoats.net Staff

Post by kenneth »

Well, I'm in DC a lot on business, maybe the next time I'm there I'll drive instead of fly and can bring the boat from DC to Rochester, NY or Lake George, NY... might not be until January or February though.
falcon_wizard
c

Post by falcon_wizard »

Either would be quite fine by me, I would come and meet you down when you come down. :D

Lake George is probably a little closer though.

We could coordinate that with greybear (see topic: http://www.cboats.net/cforum/viewtopic.php?t=5456) and see if that is fine.

Steph