Boat Ride

Does your boat need a lift? Find other CBoaters who can give your boat a lift! CBoats.net does not endorse any particular boater for transport, and obviously use your "gut" feeling of whether you want to transport your boat via a stranger. That said, literally dozens of boats have been moved safely and cheaply this way over the past few years!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Boat Ride

Post by billcanoes »

Anyone from the DC area heading to NC anytime soon? Green River/Nolichucky/NOC etc.... There is an acrobat that needs a ride.

Bill
704-604-6687
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Hey Bill, did you buy the black boat w/ pink seams? The boat looked like it was in real nice shape from the photos.
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Acrobat

Post by billcanoes »

Hi Mike,

Sure did- I havent seen pics yet though- :(

Bill
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I've got the photos on my home computer. I'll send 'em to you tonight. The deck looks real nice, all shiney black. It's got the New Wave logo near the stern like PAC's Acro. & "Team..." I can't remember the rest, behind the cockpit. The seams are pink. The hull looks like kevlar w/ no gel-coat & has the normal scratches from use. Looks like all of the outfitting is gone. I'm comfortable w/ an 8" high seat in my 1/2" Acrobat :D so you could even go higher in this full cut boat.
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Ride

Post by billcanoes »

Sweet- I think 7" will probably be plenty. I'm getting use to a short seat- What's your paddling schedule? I'd like to go to Canada 8/27 but that probably wont happen- unless I fly, my driving partner got a new job starting Monday.

Bill
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Paddling schedule? I'm going after work today. I'm going tomorrow. I'll probably go 2 or 3 days next week. The only trips I have planned are Gauley Fest, we'll be paddling the lower. & the Lumber River Challenge on 10/1. It's a 40 mile flatwater race. I'm on call the weekend of the 27th, so Canada's out.
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Post by billcanoes »

40 mi flat water-want to borrow a sea kayak
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

KAYAK?!?!?!?! :x What's up with that? I've got an old Wenonah Marathon competition cruiser. I may be sitting up, but I will have a single blade.

I think there will be classes for those with air-blades if they are so inclined :wink:
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

right on

Post by billcanoes »

Hi Mike,

Trying to sell the seakayak- LOL Thats a long haul, the closest thing I can imagine it to is the Eno in a wheelboy LOL Have fun on the Lumber

Bill
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Yeah, the Lumber is a long race. It's a lot shorter than the General Clinton up in NY which is 70 miles, but it's just as hard. The Clinton has deep & shallow water, 3 portages & varied scenery. Heck, there are even spectators who'll cheer for us crazy Southerners :D The 1st time we did it we heard folks calling our names & later found out that they publish the race roster in the newspaper so folks look up your boat # & cheer for you by name. It's pretty cool 8) Actually it's way cool. It really helps keep you in the race.

The Lumber is shallow & winding. It doesn't change. Since it is so shallow & winding you have to pay attention the whole time. There are stretches in the Clinton where you can just zone out & keep pulling the paddle (can you tell I'm a bow paddler? :wink: ) There are very few places to access the river if you have trouble too.
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

CLiinton

Post by billcanoes »

Mike the Clinton sounds really neat- especially the locals cheering for everyone.

Thanks for the pics. It looks pretty cool- hopefully I'll have it next weekend.

Bill
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

DC to Gauley fest?

Post by billcanoes »

Anyone from DC or MA going to Gauley Fest? That could carry a boat- or two Also I could bring Louies boat to NC if someone from MA is headed to the Gauley- Depending how many taureaus David has maybe you have room for a few. ;)

Bill
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Bump

Post by billcanoes »

Is anyone from DC going to GAF at NOC and willing to shuttle a boat- If so please email me-

Billcanoes@yahoo.com

Thanks
Bill