ratchet strap/snowboard strap

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Dave.E
C Guru

ratchet strap/snowboard strap

Post by Dave.E »

Looking to put some ratchet straps in a C1. I've seen straps from snowboard bindings used before. Any recommendations on the best place to buy?

Dave
https://vimeo.com/user32086287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Larry Horne
C Maven

Re: ratchet strap/snowboard strap

Post by Larry Horne »

I've had bad luck with ratchets for thigh straps for the reasons below, but I love them for knee straps.
I tried quite a few different buckles and most (but I've heard not all) get very hard to release under pressure. The greater the pressure the harder to release.
They also are not nearly as strong as webbing and buckle thigh straps. The plastic ladders and couplers break under pressure..which is good because they don't release under pressure.

To answer your question: I don't know a better source than your local ski/snowboard shop. There are a gazillion different straps and it's going to be easiest if you can see and touch them..
Larry
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Re: ratchet strap/snowboard strap

Post by truckeeboater »

Dave, I've got a ba-zillion old ratchets and ladder straps of various sizes and colors acquired over decades of snowboarding and breaking snowboard equipment. if you shoot me a list of parts you might need and an address, you'd pretty much be doing me a huge favor getting them out of my garage. Hit me up if you'd like!
Peace Pow and Paddling!