Boat advice/Mohawk TOA

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bamaboot
c

Boat advice/Mohawk TOA

Post by bamaboot »

Was going to buy probe 11 or 12. But they are retooling for new stuff. I am 52, 168lbs want something light, have 14 tandem probe now. What to do now? any advice on what might fit the bill. Class 1-4 with average play. Will buy new or used but want pretty soon so may go new.
Tks
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Re: Boat advice/Mohawk TOA

Post by Mikey B »

If you want light...you can't beat Millbrook for weight and price! Check out his website, some great solo boats fitting the bill...plus they are some of the coolest looking craft plying the waterways :D

If you are a rock basher or paddle mostly shallow sharp rocked rivers, coming from the Probe 14 I think you'd like an Outrage, Probe 12 II (if you could find one), Rival, or Prodigy X...they are all in the 12' range. It would be in your interest to hook up with some fellow paddlers and try different solo boats...especially the newer ones like the light L'Edge, Blackflys, etc. before you rule them out...fun boats!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

I'm very curious to see what Mohawk has in store for the WW world... if you like their boats wait if you can... otherwise Mikey B's suggestions are right on.... For light weight the light L'Edge is worth checking out if you want to stay with plastic, as are Kaz's (Millbrook) excellent composite boats. Not sure if you want a Zoom or Zephyr...

Another option might be to contact Class V - IIRC they can build many of the Mohawk designs in glass....

Your best bet really is to get together with other folks (ALF just passed, CBoats Armada in May 16 / 17 on the StoneyCreek is another good chance) and paddle as many different boats as you can.
Keep the C!
Adam
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

you could look for a used boat in the meantime.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Outsiderob
c

Post by Outsiderob »

I have a Probe 12 Royalex, new, never in water, fully outfitted. Located in sw Pa. Would like to sell
If it's a little low I'm still gonna go.