C1 knee strap placement

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Re: C1 knee strap placement

Post by Todhunter »

OC1er wrote:Larry Horne's outfit is bad-@$$ as sh!t
It does look pretty BA. Did anyone buy it? If so, can we get a review on it after 2 years of use?
Matt Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting - Custom Bulkhead Canoe Saddles
OC1er
CBoats Addict

Post by OC1er »

I bought it, had it in a mystic for a while, now it's in a Prijon pure. Moving the outfitting from the mystic to the pure was simple. Larry also hooked me up with a center pillar he designed for his pure. The outfitting goes in easy, and once you have things tweaked you never have to mess with it. All holes are tapped, so you don't have to fiddle with nuts, you can move things around easily. If I lost mine I would beg Larry for another. It was an expensive purchase and worth every penny, in my opinion. The craftsmanship is outstanding.
Its not about the approach. Its about control in the hole.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

Thanks OC. A few cboaters do appreciate the value of functional art :wink:
There are only 11 of those saddles out there. 9 guys jumped on the first and only run offer.
I decided while building that batch that I would do no more. While I really enjoyed the process of design & creation and loved learning a little bit about composites.... I absolutely despised working with that nasty material every day.
I much prefer wood dust.
Maybe after a couple more years my nose will be healed enough for me to forget the agony.. and I'll build the other idea that's dancing in the back of my head.
Larry