behind the knee bulge

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pblanc
CBoats Addict

Re: behind the knee bulge

Post by pblanc »

If you are tempted to stick a needle in it, just be certain it isn't pulsating first. Popliteal artery aneurysms are much less common than Baker's cysts but they do occur.

A cyst that large can cause symptoms as a result of nerve compression in the popliteal fossa. There are some pretty important nerves in the vicinity. You would be well advised to see a physician.
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

most of you make me want to puke. :oops: sticking things in things. man i'see a med soon. :roll:
if its a flowin' i'm a goin' if its frozen i'm a dozin'
Rand C1
C Guru

Post by Rand C1 »

I had a problem with a bakers cyst that was relieved when I had a torn meniscus repaired(minor knee surgery). The cyst no longer occurs. See a doctor.
Rand
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Good point, Rand. The problem isn't in the Bakers Cyst, it's somewhere else.
icyone
C Guru

Post by icyone »

No joke!

Definitely see a doc -- & I always recommend someone with a sports med specialty because they are usually more understanding of people who don't want to lie around indefinitely.

I had a popliteal cyst in conjunction with major meniscus damage. It was not nice. I suspect that such a cyst quite often is there for a reason of some sort, & I would recommend not being your own doc, unless you are one.

Good luck
C-1's are the Gods of the River