moderation

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

moderation

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

I see Cboats is still being Moderated as heavy as ever. yer giving China's censorship a run for it money
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Re: moderation

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

If you don't like it you can PM me (or any other mod whose decision that you disagree with), you surely know what Adam's email address is by now and you know where the [notional] door is... between those three options you have plenty opportunity to actually do something about it.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

There's always boatertalk, but it's lousy with kayakers.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Come on FN... Really? :roll:

So how about posting value ... like an update on the UY race? How did that go? Who won, who swum, who had some fun? Real inquiring minds are interest in that. ;-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

GDI facebook page...
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

8) I have been dying to make a shady comment about the thread, "Conversions and Knee Spread", but have refrained lest a moderator get red ears.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

ezwater wrote:8) I have been dying to make a shady comment about the thread, "Conversions and Knee Spread", but have refrained lest a moderator get red ears.
What?! Who!? Me? Naw!

Well...

C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Id rathr just btch about it Cricket, let u moderate n feel good
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

FullGnarlz /Tommy, if you have an issue with one of the moderators please let me know - you well know how to contact me. I've been away from the 'net for a few days helping out at the Lake Placid Ironman with emergency communications. From what I can see / have heard there has been NO Censorship.

In fact, as we've long said, we do not censor here. In following the RULES of the site language may change (usually automatically), and if someone is being personally attacked that WILL be removed. Unfortunately sometimes the entire post goes because we are not someone's editoral board - if is that far against site policy with attacks / language, we're going to delete it and let you know rather than edit it to fit our guidelines. Differing ideas have NEVER been removed from this site (that would be censorship). We welcome all opinions, we just ask that they are shared civilly.

If that has not happened, you or anyone else are welcome (as always) to contact me via e-mail, PM, or in an eddy on the river. We're all human, and CBoats.net "staff" is not paid, we're all volunteer.

You'll also note that oddly we have never chosen to edit any critic of the moderators, myself, or the site - if we did censor you'd think we'd take care of that first:)

Enjoy paddling (with or without pump, whichever suits you best;) )
Keep the C!
Adam
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

remember the children :x
if its a flowin' i'm a goin' if its frozen i'm a dozin'
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

ezwater wrote: I have been dying to make a shady comment about the thread, "Conversions and Knee Spread", but have refrained . . .
Yes, I've been disappointed about that. Without that kind of mentorship, how are the youngsters like GSG going to learn the ways of the world?? I already have him wearing a skirt and tight rubber suits in public, and kneeling while he :roll:
C'est l'aviron. . . !
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Its unfortunate that you can't just share your love of open boating, gnarlzboy, instead of trying to stir things up with the trolling. Maybe you want people to remember you for your trolling instead of remembering you for being a great boater. For years you've chosen the troll route, can't wait for you to grow out of that as you're a good dude (in person).
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

hopefully i'll be remembered for both ;)
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

FullGnarlzOC wrote:hopefully i'll be remembered for both ;)
:lol:

:roll:

The vids you've posted are really good. Keep those coming. Way better than the trolling, brah. 8)
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."