Tandemonium / Tandemnation

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

What weekend is preferred for Tandemonium?

29-30 June
No votes
13-14 July
30%
27-28 July
60%
3-4 August
No votes
10-11 August
10%
17-18 August
No votes

Total votes: 10

Not Elvis
C Guru

Tandemonium / Tandemnation

Post by Not Elvis »

Having emerged from the marriage and recent move-in cave, I can finally able to talk about important things.

I threw some dates on the poll. The missing weekends are weekends that I already have commitments, so it would be silly to start this thing and then not show up.

I might be able to scrape together a few tandems from the collection if somebody is lacking one. Please contact me directly if interested.

I think PAC already did the standard Tandemonium description a month ago, so no need to rehash it. It's something we do every year and it's fun for most everyone involved, except Gary's Caption.

Not Elvis
bruce
C Boater

Re: Tandemonium / Tandemnation

Post by bruce »

August 10-11 is the TRPC Turkey Bash so many canoists (30+) will be unavailable.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

July 27 & 28th...... There seems to be a few interested in doing a UY Tandem / Race for that Sat. 7/27 - part of Friendsville days. Those who are mear mortals could meet up for the LY.

But I'm out due to another commitment.

Then all can meet day 2 for an early Sun Tandemnation Loop run for those that need to get back early on Sun due to work / drive / family. This I can most likely make the Sun event.

I'm also good, and prefer, July 13-14.

Oh and Bruce I think Turkey Bash is August 3-4.... Not... <EDIT UPDATE>
August 10-11 is the TRPC Turkey Bash so many canoists (30+) will be unavailable.
Regardless that date takes out a number of teams!!!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
arhdc
CBoats Addict

Post by arhdc »

Turkey Bash is Aug 3-4 according to Josh the TRPC president. There was some confusion on this piont but it seems definative now that it is the first rather than the secound weekend of August.
~Aaron~

Just being willing to try is half the battle.
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

Hey, I need more votes for August 10-11 since it is not Turkey day. I'll be nearby so that would be best for me.

So what is happening in Pittsburg Aug. 3-4. Is WYEP having any events. We're planning a cultural visit to that area then.
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

weekends are going fast now that it is actually summer. Last weekend in July is the date, right?
Not Elvis
C Guru

Post by Not Elvis »

Yes, last weekend in July is it, based on Democracy. Those of you who are left out in the cold because of this choice can group together on another weekend and I'm sure there are enough of us who would make a trip back out to the Yough for a second weekend. Myself, PAC, Jim Norton, etc.

So if PAC wants to start a new thread for a second weekend, like say Kelly-Rand's suggestion, that's cool. I might want to head out there since things will probably be drying up.
arhdc
CBoats Addict

Post by arhdc »

Word on the street is US Army Core of Engineers is keeping the Yough at minimum flow in spite of lake water levels being actually high right now. This is apparently to lessen flooding on the Mississippi River. Good news is July and August should be a bit better than normal this year.
~Aaron~

Just being willing to try is half the battle.
Not Elvis
C Guru

Post by Not Elvis »

So who is going to be at Ohiopyle officially on Saturday?

We should hammer out meet time for shuttle. No activity on this post, so I thought I would just bump it to the top.

J.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

I will not make it Sat and Sun is questionable. Too much family going on. You all have fun! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Not Elvis
C Guru

Post by Not Elvis »

Its' noon on Friday here in DC. I have seen no feedback from anybody about coming to Tandemonium tomorrow. I'm moving to cancel, as it is too far to drive to not have others show up.

If you are a wait-until-the-absolute-last-minute decider, you'll have to call me or email me to reactivate the trip.

24 zero 37 five 9 zero four zero

j.robbins@boatmanandmagnani(removethis).com

Hope y'all are getting out on something somewhere this summer!

J.