Millner Mile in a Canoe

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Millner Mile in a Canoe

Post by 2opnboat1 »

has anyone done it
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

yeah, probably back in the 90's

..what is it? :wink:
Larry
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

looks intense ... that is a run i would install a pump in my boat :) ... it would be interesting to see a canoe run it
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

in 99 i hadn't been ran I looked at it and put it on my bucket list. The locals told me I was stupid and that I shouldn't even consider it but times have changed.
Richard Guin
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

My buddy just ran it in a buttboat. You'd be a bit nuts to try it in an open boat, IMHO, but hey... Nolan ran the North Fork Payette in an open boat I guess this could be done. Its an absolute huge mess in there.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Smurfwarrior wrote:You'd be a bit nuts to try it in an open boat
Does this mean it's time for craig to make a l'edge which accepts a spraydeck? :P

It looks like it'd be a goer in a C1; Definate case of retrospective enjoyment though.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Maybe I am completely delusional, but judging by the pictures I would say that, for the right boater it is a go in an open boat. Forget about a pump, you will just have to deal with a full boat for the entire run.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

the great gonzo wrote:Maybe I am completely delusional, but judging by the pictures I would say that, for the right boater it is a go in an open boat. Forget about a pump, you will just have to deal with a full boat for the entire run.

TGG!
If such a person exists, I presume they're currently too busy wandering around the pacific northwest ripping trees out of the ground with their bare hands and debarking them with a potato peeler to be watching c-boats.

That's going to take exceptional strength and endurance...
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Well, how much harder than the North Fork of the Payette or the Niagara Gorge, which both have been run by Nolan, is the Milner Mile? I may be way off base, but I think that someone who can run those two might be able to run the Milner Mile as well.
But then again, the only one of these 3 runs that I have seen in person is the Niagara Gorge.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

the same year I was looking at Milner i hoped on the NFP and it was way stout. I have had this one kicking around in the back of my head sense. In person it is way huger then in vid. but I saw a line thru most of it then again I was way younger and dumber back then.
Richard Guin
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

it's always hard to judge by looking at a vid. especially helmet cam footage. But I didn't see anything terminal. Just gigantic crashing waves. Hey diddle diddle, right down the middle.

north fork payette, to me, looks much more damaging.
Larry
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

larry most diff Millner looks like if you do swim it is just going to suck and scare the sheiiit out of ya if ya swim NFP you have rock and road work boulders that could eat you alive
Richard Guin
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

anything is possible

big holes can wreck anyones day regardless of what kind of boat they are in

laughably... sometimes having a boatload of water has one advantage... more momentum for smashing through stuff head on... unless of course you're sideways... then you're fubar'd :lol:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Richard- ref NFP, what part did you run or did you do the whole thing and what was the water level? I go up there about five times a year, love that area of Idaho.