CORE Paddles Website Launched

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cmnypny
CBoats Addict

CORE Paddles Website Launched

Post by cmnypny »

OK .... so i saw this on a Canadian paddling forum and thought it might be of interest:

Well it is finally done ... : )

2 weeks of learning Dreamweaver, building templates, rendering images, and typing furiously into the wee hours of the morning.... The site is complete to date but we will be adding tons of additional info., updates, etc. as production nears.

I present to you the CORE Paddles website.

http://corepaddles.com/

Steve Horvath
CORE Paddles
President / Chief of Design
Blog: http://cmnypny.blogspot.com/
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)
Lappie
C Guru

Post by Lappie »

Good for you Steve, it look great, paddles and web site!
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

Congrats! It DOES looks great!

btw let us know ballpark $ whenever possible: white stuff melting in less than two month around here... :D
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

A wonderful website and great looking paddles.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
clarion
C Guru

Post by clarion »

Does anyone have pricing for the canoe paddles? It's "TBA" on the site. I'm a bit interested because they also come in very short sizes.
It AIN'T bent.
coloradopaddler
C Guru

Post by coloradopaddler »

maybe it's just me, but when i go to the button for products, i see a drop down menu for whitewater, then a touring or canoe option, but it keeps taking me to touring kayak paddles. what are you building, canoe wise?
please don't take this the wrong way, i can't even start to build a web page! nice work, i just want to see the paddles.
In a canoe you don't just float down a river: you're part of it- a silent water creature responsive to every surge and flex of current, gliding like a fingertip over a naked green body. "The River Why" David James Duncan
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I'm having the same issue... can't see the canoe paddles
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Steve,
Are you the guy who used to run Waterstick? I have two C1 paddles in the shed (one of them has never been used). In my opinion it was the best C1 paddle ever made. I hated to see them go out of business.
Thanks,
Jeff
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

From the CORE website:
I used that knowledge to build Waterstick Paddles: which I sold shortly after inception.
Note, cmnypny started this thread, not Steve of CORE paddles.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lennart
Pain Boater

Post by Lennart »

yes same steve
I look forward to the C1 paddel I have tested a kayak stick and that was great so It could be very good.
Propper Writing in English, how do you do that, with dyslexia, bad hand eye coordination, ect. and in a foreign language
sorry fore all the mistakes.
corepaddles

CORE Paddles

Post by corepaddles »

A paddler sent me a note saying that there was a thread here I should drop into so I thought I would swing by to say hello : )

Thanks for the kind notes on the website in general. I am super happy with the way that it turned out and the response has been pretty incredible so far.

To those boaters that were having a problem with the drop down menus can you post a note saying which browser(s) you were using ? I tested it across a fairly wide platform befor posting it but if there are issues I would like to correct them ASAP.

Pricing for the C! paddles will be posted in the C1 Paddles section soon. Direct link to the Canoe section is : http://corepaddles.com/canoe.html If you have trouble navigating the site you can link through to the Site Map at the bottom of each page. There are individual links for each page there.

The C1 photos posted are CAD renderings for now. Production shots will come as we get samples molded in March. You should be able to get a decent idea of what they will look like from the other shots on the website though.

I was the designer responsible for Waterstick and I appreciate the accolades on the designs. I was also upset that the plug was pulled after I sold it but Baycomp was making more money using the technology for AT and as such we ended up being a casualty.
The technology ended up being a boon to AT though....

But... if you thought the Waterstick / AT stuff was good CORE will blow you away. The Easton technology is incredible and I now have another 8 years of design skill behind me so CORE is far more advanced.

If anyone has any questions please post them here or send a note to me directly from the contacts page on the website.

Cheers,

Steve Horvath
CORE Paddles
President / Chief of Design
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Post by Cumnock »

Steve,

You got mail : 0

And your first customer, I just sent my order form to you : )
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Steve nice site... interesting looking sticks. I like the grip sizing... looks like it would fit a certain smaller female teenager. What are the O.D.s of the grips?

One thought... post sizing (lenght / weight / etc) for those in the USofMetrically Challenged and for the rest of the universe.

Keep us posted as you move forward! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
BigNasty
c

Post by BigNasty »

Noticed they are black and blue...(no pun here) so how do they float in case one "jumps out of the boat"? Is there a bouyant core in case water gets in the shaft?
With luv
Big Nasty