C1 Concordia????

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

heavy d
C Boater

C1 Concordia????

Post by heavy d »

Guys,
Just wanted to say that I am so excited to be back after a 5 year hiatus. The first time I ever sat in a c1 was the concordia, I'm almost positive it was in '99 and was on the patomac. I was in grad school at the time. Anyone remember?

Luckily, i have repented of my evil ways!! I have been back on the river a bunch lately!

How many hail marys, chickens I need to sacrifice, or beers I need to buy to be forgiven of my wayward lifestyle?!?!

Regardless, happy to be back!!!!

I came back home to the c1/oc1 Mecca of Seattle. It's hard to even get canoes shipped out here, let alone paddle with one!!!!

Since I have to paddle with butt boaters, this is were i get my fix!

Thanks guys,
D
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Glad to have you back among us:) A few here recall that this site was originally created just for the Concordia (by Scott W. and Dave M.), and lives on.... Yearly get togethers, albeit smaller (30-60, vs. 100 plus) happen every year in VA, and there are events globally, as well as ALF.

CBoating is alive and well:)
Keep the C!
Adam
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Photo from Concordia....
http://picasaweb.google.ca/cline.pa1/Mi ... 2666990162

Welcome back!
Last edited by PAC on Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

seattle, good luck. not too many cboaters out there, but some retired greats in the area. bill in tacoma, andy b is out there, and there is a c1er in bennet's book on a lot of the gnar runs, but i think he no longer boats. still one of the top places in u.s. for year round paddling.
heavy d
C Boater

Post by heavy d »

thanks guys,
funny you mention Andy bridge, borrowed his atom for my first c1 ride in the feeder canals! he's at Werner paddles I believe.
I can't complain about the whitewater, but no one to canoe with! in the 10 years after grad school I have been here I have only seen c1/oc1 at slalom races - have never seen anyone on the river!
d