Y'all need to lighten the _ _ _ _ up!!!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

I have swam out of my canoe ___ times this year

Poll ended at Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:27 am

one
18%
two
12%
three
18%
four
8%
five
14%
six
4%
seven
27%

Total votes: 51

SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

averaging 3 swims a trip .... more if i play alot ... my number count is off these charts ...
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

other people's boats

Post by ohioboater »

I've swam four times this year, but for my poll answer to be accurate, it should read, "I have swum out of someone else's canoe ____ times this year."

All four of them were out of Joe's Detonator in the space of about 20 minutes on the NB. Apparently, my roll technique needs some tweaking, since it only seems to work in my own boat...
iRolled
BlackFly Canoes

Post by iRolled »

Craig Smerda wrote:Alex... how'd you get you nickname again? :lol:
Uhhh, I'm not even Mexican. I'm from California. 8)

Hey ADMIN How bout changin my name. I've tried but have had no luck. Either of these would be great.

1. iRolled
2. CaliforniaRoll
Team Blackfly
http://www.blackflycanoes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.astraldesigns.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.immersionresearch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

cheajack wrote:Thanks Craig. The swim started at 0.47 and you entered the eddy at 2:16. Just sayin'!
fast water... :lol:
swimingmexican wrote:
Craig Smerda wrote:Alex... how'd you get your nickname again? :lol:
Uhhh, I'm not even Mexican. I'm from California. 8)
I thought you told me it had something to do with the Tellico bud?

Hilarious... almost 200 views in less than 24hrs of me swimming... ROFLMAO :lol:

BTW... I'm going to have to re-do the video as I noticed there's a few errors and ommisions in my commentary plus the image quality is horrible... in fairness though it was 1 in the morning and frankly my brain totally stops working after 11pm
Last edited by Craig Smerda on Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
dgmonster
Pain Boater

Post by dgmonster »

I have had 1 swim in 3 years and quite frankly I'm a little scared of what will force me out of my boat next. The last swim was in a very, very sticky hole, that kept me for a while after exiting my boat :( I got out by swimming down to the green at the bottom of the river, I got pretty banged up tho. So I am sure the next swim will be monumental! I do practice swimming out of my boats usually once a week so when the time comes I will be ready.
Karl M. Nelson
c

Post by Karl M. Nelson »

Swims happen :) Is that a tandem boat [:)] going down or attaining???
Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Wiggins »

I have had three swims in eight days on the river this year out of the canoe. None out of my kayak in around twenty days on the river.

I have been lucky. Normally I swim a lot more!

Kyle
YTcanoe
C Guru

Post by YTcanoe »

Yukon wrote:Wow and I thought only I swam. I had a bunch of swims this year. I swim lots. Gotta nail my river roll. Next year for sure. I rivers are cold and shallow. Usually swim playing but this year had some swims getting flipped on some harder water resulting in some good swims, which was a good thing.

My students swim lots and we have a throwbag at the stern and teach self rescue and once people learn they can save their own butt it sure builds confidence that all it was, was a SWIM

NOT SWIMMING-NOT LEARNING

Unless you are Mike T who has a bomber roll and can hang in upside down foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer :)
U sayin I ayn't lurnin

Every time I run Final Rinse I find a new way to screw it up
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

If I didn't have a roll, I'd be over 150+ swims for the year... But i DOOO have one so MUWAHAHA..

Pete Morgans - Cheat, WV

Colton Falls - Racquette River, NY

Pillow Rapid - Upper Gauley, WV

The bigger you go, the nastier the swim.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
VAnate
C Boater

Post by VAnate »

I swam twice today. Think I jammed my thumb but I got to watch some kayakers swim too so well worth it. :lol:
kimmieOC1
C Guru

Post by kimmieOC1 »

Once :D Okay maybe a few more than that.

But honestly the last time was totally Craig's fault. The L'Edge felt so stable and skipped over features so well that I suddenly became bullet proof. And...well... the L'Edge only has so much toleration for fools. :wink: