Sweetest c1 conversion saddle on the planet! Who wants in?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

larry I am interested, but we have no paddling till spring. Could it be used in an open boat? looks like a great product
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

It's not designed for open boats at all. Sorry.
Larry
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

:)
Thanks to those who've ordered! I'm stoked!

Thursday is the last chance to get on board for this run...I could take one or two more.
Larry
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

so how many 500 dollar c1 seats have you sold?
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

slightly more than a few less than many. :)

OOPS- you gotta get over it. Look at the big picture man. :wink:
Larry
Lappie
C Guru

Post by Lappie »

This as to be the nicest outfitting i've seen, and man I tell you I've seen... not many but still that is not the point... it is realy nice!! And $500 is cheep!! I could see something like that in an open boat, like the L'Èdge or the Prelude or any none glue friendly boat...

good for you, you have some thing there to hold to!
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

i was trying to look at the big picture. if you can find 10 people to buy the current version for $500, maybe it is worth looking into taking that money plus another few thousand dollars and having a mold made for a plastic version. if you could sell those for $200, you might find a 1000 people who want them. and foam is expensive. my bun from last year has been reduced to just a few odds and ends. i don't know if i have enough left to pull off another frankenversion or not.
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

A plastic version say, like this one?

http://playak.com/article.php?sid=1128

Haven't seen any of these around though, not sure if the cies cited there are still offering it at all?
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

oopsiflipped wrote:i was trying to look at the big picture. if you can find 10 people to buy the current version for $500, maybe it is worth looking into taking that money plus another few thousand dollars and having a mold made for a plastic version. if you could sell those for $200, you might find a 1000 people who want them. and foam is expensive. my bun from last year has been reduced to just a few odds and ends. i don't know if i have enough left to pull off another frankenversion or not.
Well Gabe, feel free to go after that dream, but for me, it's too much speculation... You couldn't sell 1000 c1 saddles in twenty years. I don't want a thousand saddles sitting in my garage..do you?
And $200 is really cheap. I think you would have to have a good friend in China. :wink: and a much different design.
The outfitting in a new kayak is well over $500 and it's all rotomolded. Take a look at the prices of that Shaggy seat, or Mike Yee or Beluga...not cheap.

Like I said before, I'm not trying to earn a living doing this (hence my lack of desire to drop 10 or 20 K into it on spec) I'm just having fun building cool stuff, and practicaly giving away my time because It's fun.
If a few people want some of my custom outfitting, great! If you don't care for it, that's great too. No biggy. You can be one of the jealous ones :wink:
Larry
Bruce Farrenkopf
CBoats Addict

Post by Bruce Farrenkopf »

Larry,

Solid thinking 8) . You have a mountain of common sense.

P.S. I just picked up a Dagger Saddle about 6 months ago. Otherwise I'd likely be in.

SYOTR,

Bruce
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

Bruce Farrenkopf wrote:Larry,

Solid thinking 8) . You have a mountain of common sense.

P.S. I just picked up a Dagger Saddle about 6 months ago. Otherwise I'd likely be in.

SYOTR,

Bruce
bruce who? :wink:

your lucky you have one because i'm secretly buying up every dagger atom, cascade, and pedastal i can find, just to melt em down! :lol:
Larry