2011 Cboats Calendar

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

2011 Cboats Calendar

Post by adkSara »

It's that time of year again! I'm posting up to get you all to sort through your paddling photos from the past year & send along the best!

So here is the outline for submitting to the calendar. We keep tweaking the process of putting together each year's calendar, so please read our requirements carefully and follow directions!

If you have a photograph or photographs that you would like to be considered for the calendar, please follow the 6 steps below.

1) PERMISSION: Please be sure that you have either the photographer or the paddler(s) permission to submit any photograph to Cboats.net calendar. If you submit a photograph and we hear from the paddler(s) or photographer that you did not have permission to use the image any future submission from you will not be used.

2) SIZE & RESOLUTION: Make sure each photograph that you send is large format and high resolution. Saving the image as a jpeg is best and the file should be between 3-5 MG. Vertical or horizontal photographs are accepted. Any images that are small or low resolution WON'T be considered for the calendar.

3) LABELS: Each photograph that you submit must have the following information: Paddler(s) (first & last name(s)), River (state, province or country as applicable), and photographer (first & last name – if you are the photographer – write your name!!)
Any photographs that are not labeled correctly or are missing information WILL NOT be considered for the calendar. Adam & I simply don't have the time to chase down information even if the photograph is amazing.

4) NUMBER of ENTRIES: You can submit as many images that you would like but keep in mind, choose & send the BEST photographs you've got - not ALL the photographs you've got. I like to sort through & make sure we have a good representation of decked, open, tandem boats as well as a variety of rivers/water.

5) WHERE to EMAIL: photos@cboats.net, please put 2011 Calendar as your email subject line otherwise the spam filters (or I) will sift your email out and delete it without opening it.

6) DUE DATE: November 1, 2010 midnight.

Calendars will be ready to purchase on Black Friday 2010. Remember the 'profits' from the calendar go directly to the maintenance of www.cboats.net! So send in those awesome shots and please help us out by following these six guidelines…

Keep the cheer & happy paddling.
ADK Sara
adkSara
phreon
CBoats Addict

Post by phreon »

Though I find Hallmark holidays like sweetest day annoying, I wasn't aware of it's passing because it's not on the 2010 CBoats calendar. I went boating instead. Needless to say, forgetting that day wasn't very helpful.

Help a fella out a make sure those kinds of dates are on the 2011 calendar!

Doug
adamin
CBoats.net Staff

Post by adamin »

Cafepress doesn't give us too many options - we design the photo area, and go from there....

But if options do appear, we'll keep it in mind 8)