Taureau Vs C1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Kelvin
C Guru

Taureau Vs C1

Post by Kelvin »

Hi Folks,

I have recently got my hands on a Taureau, I've paddled it a few times and found no real advantages over my C1 Remix. It's slow, wetter than I expected and a bit numb to chuck around. My main boat is a Zoom which I love as a river runner but I wanted something for the creeks. Do I need to give the boat more time or am I paddling an unresponsive orange sausage just to say that I am 'open' boating? I have no hang-ups about wearing a skirt, I just want to have fun.

Please help,

Kelvin.
http://www.sweet-skills.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AJ
CBoats Addict

Post by AJ »

Probably the only advantage to the Taureau is that you don't have to sit on 6" saddle and you have foot pegs.

I want a C1, but can I get it with 7.5" saddle and foot pegs? I don't want to end up like Craig Smerda. :-)
ckingoc1
C Guru

Post by ckingoc1 »

AJ wrote:
I want a C1, but can I get it with 7.5" saddle and foot pegs? I don't want to end up like Craig Smerda. :-)

Nobody wants to end up like that! :D
BigMike
C Guru

Post by BigMike »

I'd say give it some time. Open boats by definition are going to be wet. if you get a pump that ll deal with most of that issue, but a taureau is never going to carve like a slalom c1 or even a remix, its not really designed for that anyway.

Anyway, just think, when I get that great show of you on the Ribo fall in your Taureau, you're going to be chuffed you're not in a closed boat ;-
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

My take on them is a Taureau is a low volume river creeker, and a Zoom is better in deeper rivers
oc ender
C Guru

Taureau or c-1

Post by oc ender »

Aj,i'm 6ft,190lbs and have a h3 255 with a 7 inch saddle,very comfy.My opinion,the way to go.No foot pegs,not necessary,good secure thigh straps but you could add toe blocks easily.It's fast,reponsive,easier to roll and as stable as my old Nitro,initial and secondary(well maybe not quite but pretty close)
That wasn't carnage,watch this...
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

From paddling the Force-Turret, which is superficially similar to the Taureau, I've arrived at the conclusion that the advantage is the added comfort of a wide boat with a high saddle & footpegs, and the ease of getting in and out; to be balanced against being more awkward to roll, at risk of inopportune swamping and a lot colder.

Both C1's and almost-decked OC1's have a time and a place. Big water and steep rivers respectively.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)