nolichucky sat 20th

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

oc1kcwlkr
Pain Boater

nolichucky sat 20th

Post by oc1kcwlkr »

Greybear and I are meeting to run the noli around 10 a.m in Erwin if anyone wants to join.

To the alfers that may not be familiar with the run... its around 9 miles of fun class 3 in one of the prettiest gorges i've seen.

Give me a call if you wanna join 4two3 two3one 2three7six
rainfoot
Pain Boater

Post by rainfoot »

Six things I learned Saturday

1. There is a material difference between the Nolichucky @ 850 [the only other time I ran it] and 2050 [yesterday’s level]
2. A main reason to wear your helmet is to protect your head from tree branches when you go crashing through the bush after your canoe once you’ve swam to shore.
3. If you haven’t paddled for four months, best not to start out the season on a run pushier than anything you paddled in the past.
4. One reason God puts kayakers on the river is to ferry your canoe which washed up on river-right back to you who swam out on river-left. [Thanks guys!]
5. When your group is reminiscing after the run about the day’s exploits and their comment concerning you is “You’re a really good swimmer” it probably was not your best day.
6. Canoeing is great, but the ‘Noli Triathalon’ may be even better.”
a. Paddle ‘til you tip
b. Swim ‘til you hit shore
c. Run ‘til you catch up to your boat

KC--Thanx for posting and inviting me along
Greybear--Thanx for encouraging my efforts

--Rick