where are you?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Larry Horne
C Maven

where are you?

Post by Larry Horne »

:roll: just had an idea.. i think it would be interesting to have a map with all of us c-boaters located on it.
...like one google map that we could access to pin our spot...i have no idea how to do something like that but I'm sure some young computer savy individual could come up with something.
Larry
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com
Louie

Post by Louie »

Countin Nolan in Maryville, Robert Harrison in Loudon, Bailey at eaton Crossroads, we have about 30 Open boater and C1 in Lenoir City Tennessee. (look for the I 40 and I 75 split south of Knoxville).

Will we have to list our names or just the place we live?
jrsh92
C Guru

Post by jrsh92 »

I think the NPMB has one of these set up
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

We're looking in to it:)
Keep the C!
Adam
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

Louie wrote:
Will we have to list our names or just the place we live?
Yeah, name ss# and annual income :wink:

No, i was just thinking dots on a map, but if names were linked to the dots, that's even better.
Larry
Louie

Post by Louie »

Michael B Lewis, I would have to look up my social number, and well with over time I broke six figures for the first time ( legalilty ) but you have to devide that number by seven so it ain't as much as it sounds.
Dick
Doopey
Dooley
Denton
Matt
Chad
Fred,
Alex
Robert
Richard
Ashley
Ana
Marcos
Noland
Bailey
other Matt
Rodney

heck this is goin to take a while, don't have somesorta sign up sheet you could just send us?
Bruce Farrenkopf
CBoats Addict

Post by Bruce Farrenkopf »

Hey, I like this idea. Don't forget - there are two or three of us out in the Nevada desert :lol: .
kenneth
CBoats.net Staff

Post by kenneth »

As Adam said, we're lookin' in to it. I've certainly does this sort of thing on other sites so I know it's technically possible to do. I'm hoping this year to make a lot of changes to CBoats but I'll try to squeeze this one in to the list. I like the idea a lot.
greybear
C Guru

Post by greybear »

I am in southwest Virginia, near Whitetop and Mount Rogers. I might be the only OC-1 whitewater paddler in Grayson County, the is a C-1er within an hour of me.
Greybear
BigMike
C Guru

Post by BigMike »

There's a map like this over on SOTP. I'm sure John (site owner) would tell you how its done, I think it works on both postcode (zipcode) and just being able to drop a pin on the map
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Layton, UT. Zip 84040. Never seen another OC1 driver here other than a guy that lives here half the year, the other in Taxachissetts.