Question for the pump people

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

Louie wrote: To all: those who keep sayin a Teaurea, Skeeter, Prelude, Quake, Spanish Fly, Aftershock, Super Fly ain't an open boat must suffer from the same problem as Milt and Long boat do. They are afraid they don't have the skill to get down the river in a boat shorter or smaller than your average coal barge. I do notice that those who keep bad mouthin the new boats don't even try a Zoom and I know one who has an Ocoee but you never see him in it.
It just suprises me that someone who promotes little tiney creek boats is alsoso critical skirt wearing Cboaters.

I use a float switch in my skeeter and it always leaves a little water left in it. Theyre also usually twice the price of a pump you have to get the switch for, and we single bladers are known to be cheap.
Proud Yankee
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

looie i don't paddle anything over 10' and i never said there was anything wrong with your skirtless c1. it's just not an open boat. heck, if you were a little more chubby you wouldn't need a skirt in that thing, just put a little putty around the old spare tire for a nice watertight seal. :wink:
Joe
mattm
C Guru

well

Post by mattm »

Louie wrote:Must be a northern thing ain's seen one down here yet.
Hey, the waters cold up here! Was out tandeming the Whitesell with my son Aaron the other day; drysuit, no mukluks, and my toes were freezing :(
so glad for Krylon, ABS and acetone.Squirt, sail, paddle and pole.
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

gumpy wrote:looie i don't paddle anything over 10' and i never said there was anything wrong with your skirtless c1. it's just not an open boat. heck, if you were a little more chubby you wouldn't need a skirt in that thing, just put a little putty around the old spare tire for a nice watertight seal. :wink:
I've paddled with kayakers who have enough belly that no skirt is needed. I call it a meat skirt.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Tony B I have never said a word about Canoers who wear a Kilt heck my son ( who just got accepted into Grad schools) wear a Kilt. Please show me one post where I have said a word about a person wearin a kilt. Dam Tony with ever over sensite Yankee on this board who can't a joke already piss because they don't realize if a southern ain't givin you hades he don't like you, aready up in arms don't get the Kilt wears thinkin I don't like them. If you can't find a post where a bad mouth a Kilt wearer please retract you statement about me bein critical about them.
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

Louie, actually I remembering some ribbin you were given off the board. But as far as ribbing goes, these boreds leave out the inflection and teasing.

should I have put a ;) on mine.

So yea there may not givin any bad mouth on the bored (although I seam to remember a cross dress jibe, too lazy to go look for it)

Maybe I'm just rememberin some private jibes that I was jealous about not being part of.

So I'll give you you comment retraction,
Dont want to piss off any of them Yankees.

by the way, am having fun in my skeeter just gotta get some of them paddling skills to keep it dry.
Proud Yankee
Louie

Post by Louie »

Well if I am talkin about boatin it is all teasin and ribbin, because this is a hobby, it is fun, it is somethin to do two or three days a week ( year round down here). It is the rare man who can make a livin at boatin or boatin related stuff and still look at it this way. Even when I worked full time and feed a wife and a couple of kids, off of bein the maintenance manager at a canoe factory it was still a hobby, never has boatin been somethin that was less than fun. If it ever became that way, I'd quit.

One question, why wouldn't we want to piss off the Yankees, it not like we don't owe them for they did to us, beside it is a ball and so very easy to do. remember we talkin about people who chose to live somewhere where they have a boatin season.
mattm
C Guru

heehee

Post by mattm »

no boating season? Well, we mellow out a class in the winter, but ya' can't do this down south :lol:
Aaron, my now 15 year old...
http://outdoors.webshots.com/video/3030 ... 6337AvYnhk

Ya' may not recognize this outside your drink glass but it's called ICE :P Kinda' pretty ain't it?
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/26 ... 6337ECkEvd

Up here, we take our paddling SERIOUSLY!!!
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/26 ... 6337ciWyjr
so glad for Krylon, ABS and acetone.Squirt, sail, paddle and pole.
Louie

Post by Louie »

I know you ain't goin to believe this but in one of the GDI Rehder videos from the late 80's early 90's we have a segment included in one where we do a snow seal launch on the Crooked fork just like that.
philcanoe
C Maven

Re: heehee

Post by philcanoe »

mattm wrote:Ya' may not recognize this outside your drink glass but it's called ICE :P Kinda' pretty ain't it?
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/26 ... 6337ECkEvd
we use to have that, but now with the Global Warning it's rather pleasant now-a-days... we even bring some along some, certain places
Louie

Post by Louie »

About the bidet comment isn't that a kayaker thing?

bidet just looked up the word and now I know why all the motel rooms in Mexico have two shitter in the bath rooms.

In Mexcio you take your wife to the Hotel but take your girlfriends to the motels. The Hotel have a guy park your car and your register at the from desk and people take your bags to the room.
At the motels you pull into the gargare beside your room The door shut automaticly and you pay by the hour in a blind lazy susan. You never see a person and no one ever see you. The motel has free xxx TV channels, mirrors on the celing and a dancin pole.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

would keep the boat clean....
Louie

Post by Louie »

Phill first the comment about catchin sumthin from Cummie, now you are wantin to douch out your boat. What are you into now of days?
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

Nothing wrong with that, taking a douching....

...been done to me and the boat. Do it quite often and some places regularly. Does wonders for gear. Mucho - many- several gallons at a time.

Now as far, as carrying around that bidet thingy...