What the HADES happened to Mohawk at the Gauleyfest?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Mohawk At Gauley

Post by 2opnboat1 »

I was there sorry I didn't see ya Sorry i did set up a booth but with this move going on my time got squeezed; dam trucking company. So basicly I drove up boated on sat in the Maxim. Sorry I wasn't at the Fest. But the move is the top priority
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
agrestal
C Guru

Post by agrestal »

Is there a web site for the OC trip to Mexico? Planning to go to Costa Rica in Feb, but also interested in Mexico!
canoera hasta la muerte
www.CostaRicaRios.com
Louie

Post by Louie »

Look up Esprie not Esquif, if you can't find let me know and I can give you Jim's phone number. That part of Mexico is boating paridise but be aware it is cold down there in the winter some day it barley makes 60 degrees
esprit
C Guru

Fun on the Gauley

Post by esprit »

Thanks Louie,

It was a great weekend for us. The upper went really well in the Fly despite feeling like a bit of a giant paddling it. Just flipped and rolled once going over Volkswagon... almost came up under a raft but fortunately slipped out to the right.

It was great to paddle with Dooley and Eli and I am really looking forward to paddling with them in Mexico. making special arrangements to get them on the Oro as well. I paddled with Marko last weekend at the Gull... we have known each other for a long time... actually he used to be my summer camp counsellor.

We are leaving for the Ocoee and Mexico in a few weeks with WILD and will be installed in Mexico by the first of Nov. Our first trips of the year start on Nov. 28 when Mark comes down as our guest OC paddler. We are quite committed and invested in making Jalcomulco a real OC winter destination... we are hoping for a banner year there.

Maybe we will see you at the Ocoee or in Mexico over the winter.

jim
Louie

Post by Louie »

Back from Nebraska on the 10th of Oct and if it quit rainnin the Ocoee will be all we will have to do ( unless we want to drive two hours). If it works out that you could do the Ocoee one day and Tullah the next that would be good for your whole crew. If I know when you are goin to be at the Ocoee I will let the GDI and the lost tribe know, will you have the prototype with you?
Louie

Post by Louie »

Jim If you are down by the Oro, look at the Tapango and the Tacolapan. Start in down town Santiago Toulax and paddle to the take out at the waterfalls past the falls that are under the road leaving town goin west toward the interstate. After you go past the water falls me and Pincholocogringo both swam in the video it is the next blue hiway sign with a water falls on it. When you are still paddling in down town there is a screeming righ hand turn that goes into as nasty of an undercut as anything on Walden Ridge, all the falls on that run are clean.. Wear sun glasses on that river the camera flash will blind you and don't worry about all the people begging you not to keep paddling that the waterfalls will kill you. They did the same thing to me and PLG and we didn't die.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Yo Esprit,
Thanks for the Tequila.