Anyone know where to buy teal green paint for dagger rival?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bpoirier
c

Anyone know where to buy teal green paint for dagger rival?

Post by bpoirier »

Hi there,

I'm in the process of restoring an old dagger rival. I'm trying to locate some touch up paint to match the teal green hull. Mad River used to produce a suitable paint but, apparently they stopped making it. Anyone know of another source?

Thanks,
BP
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

Garage floor epoxy-containing paints are pretty good. They used to be available only in one or two colors but today they can match the colors you bring them a sample of. Except for the bright red or pure white I beleive. This still isn't true for all compagnies so shop around!

It is important to cover the ABS inner layer as soon as it begins to show up because it wears out really fast after the vinyl is peeled off.
Jim P
C Guru

Krylon Fusion

Post by Jim P »

The krylon Fusion product is formulated for plastic and sticks very well if the surface is properly prepped. Not a lot of color selection but you could get creative by changing the boat color or just painting the bottom up to a line, say taped around the waterline.

I would hesitate to use garage floor epoxies as they are designed to stick to a more porous surface (etched concrete) and probably will not hold up to much flex. On the other hand if you park your car on top of your boat it should handle the heat from the tires quite well :o
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

you guys just KILL me!
Larry
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

The paint I am speaking of is for concrete floor, right, and does a good job. It is said on the can not to use for garage floor where car tires are rolling so I guess not exactly a garage floor paint... But it works great. Seen jobs done not just speculating. Though stuff I tell ya.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Shoot a few teals and grind up the relevant feathers in epoxy.
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

ezwater wrote:Shoot a few teals and grind up the relevant feathers in epoxy.
Or just glue the feathers on - like water off a duck's back ;)