Viper

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

jim gross
CBoats Addict

Viper

Post by jim gross »

well i finaly got a viper. I fell in love with this design the first time i ever saw one on the lower yough. even the white and black zebra stripes. the boat i will be waiting on is in rockport maine. can any one assist in helping this beautifull boat to it's final destination in northern va ? i have been told it has a rough patch on the hull which i will repair and prolly change the red deck to have some red,white , black and orange tiger stripes . Bengal tiger Walla. I'm exstatic. hope some one can hep. Now i just need to actualy paddle some. HAHAHAHAHA JIM
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

Jim:

You might post on the NESS Slalom section of the Northeast Paddlers Message Board (NPMB) www.npmb.com . There is a race up in Maine the weekend of May 3-4. Perhaps there will be someone headed up that way from further south - say CT or MA - who could at least get the boat closer to VA. Although I doubt that they will be making the trek all the way to Maine, there are even some NESS racers who hail from as far south as Philly or even DC (Alden has been known to attend an NESS race on occasion) who could perhaps take it even closer to you on a second leg of the journey.

John
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Hey Jim, A couple of ideas:

1 - Maybe someone from Maine who's going to the Clinton can take the boat to the Clinton & pass it to someone from Virginia who's also doing the Clinton. The Virginian could bring it to you.

2 - I'm pretty sure that there will be a Maine contingent at OC Downriver Nats in NC. Maybe the boat could catch a ride then.

Good luck! I love my Viper. I'm sure you will too.
rcgalwa
Pain Boater

Post by rcgalwa »

I am heading to the north branch armada from Maine 1st weekend in June. I would trade transport for a case of quality microbrew, if you could wait that long for the boat.
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

I am not going to Maine but if other arrangements can't be worked out to get the boat all the way to Va., I can be a fall back option if someone can get the boat near Boston. I will be going to the NB armada also and can pass it along.

Jim
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

Now that says something about C-boaters and this message board. Less than 24 hrs. and a query about a ride for a boat from Maine to VA already has two suggested plans and two firm offers for at least a majority of the route.

It gets me all teary-eyed just thinking about it.

John
bigspencer07
Pain Boater

more races...fwiw

Post by bigspencer07 »

Sat 4/12: Souadabscook Stream (1)Sprint & (2)Race ..in Hampden/Bangor area.

Sat 4/19: 1) Kenduskeag Stream Race ..Kenduskeag thru Bangor area.
.................2) Unity College Spring 5K Road Race (might be a runner or two headed up from Boston area...escaping the fresh city air;-)

Sat 4/26: East Machias Challenge
Sun 4/27: Machias River Race

transport

Post by jim gross »

rcgalwa sounds like a plan. i will contact the woman who owns the viper presently. also i will send some micro brew with the wooden squirt boat i will be sending to the armada via anothe paddler. thanks JIM
jim gross
CBoats Addict

baaaaaaaaaaaa

Post by jim gross »

false alarm.she sold the boat localy . waaaaaaaaaaa