Time to give Thanks

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

NEOC Slalom Rules
C Guru

Time to give Thanks

Post by NEOC Slalom Rules »

To all who have been blessed with the enjoyment of paddling. Yeah, even those with two blades per stick.

Tomorrow, we sit with our families and give thanks to many things. I would like to give thanks to my many paddling friends who always call when "its" up, loan me equipment when I can't find mine, assist in saving my boat and occasionally me when I attempt risky manuevers and fail (or more likely, have a paddle snake grab my blade and pull me over), have a warm vehicle for changing after winter paddles, offer lodging and a hot shower (maybe a meal or a beer too) on trips to far off rivers and help me be a better paddler. Thanks to God for blessing us with rain to raise the rivers in spite of my shaking fist and "Come on God! Is that all you've got?" admonishment I'm famous for at the onset of a storm. Thanks to the landowners for providing river access and to the Electric companies and Army Corp of Engineers for providing water for recreational and race releases. Thanks to the manufacturers (esquif, millbrook, and mitchell come to mind but there are many others) for the great equipment you provide for us to enjoy our sport and that you occasionally provide for prizes at races and raffles. And a big thank you to this board for providing a space where we can all be educated on our sport and have reasoned discussion on topics of interest to us all. Y'all have a great T day and get stuffed. Then hit the rivers.
Pat
Open Boat/Open Mind
Jim
C Guru

Yup

Post by Jim »

Well said Pat!
Jim
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

For our paddling community...

Post by PAC »