Open Boat Nationals NOT in Charlotte

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Bob P
CBoats Addict

Open Boat Nationals NOT in Charlotte

Post by Bob P »

Today's e-mail...

... The Race Chairman and the Race Committee have concluded that there is a real possibility that the U.S. National Whitewater Center in Charlotte, NC may not be open in time to hold the 2006 ACA Open Canoe Slalom National Championships. Connie Minor, acting as race chairman, sent an email announcement message out at 8:13 PM Friday night, July 21, 2006, to the National Committee Members. Most did not get to read it till this morning, either being away or dependent on a computer at
work for email access. A backup site is being negotiated.
Last edited by Bob P on Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob P
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

While this may be true, please keep in mind that the ONLY OFFICIAL announcement of this will come from Connie Miner, not Minor.
JKaz
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Well, I hope they make their minds up soon - the location is no "minor" factor for me! I can make it if they are in Charlotte and maybe if they are on the Nantahala. Any further off and I'll have to take a pass...
Jim
C Guru

Race

Post by Jim »

Connie and others have volunteered a HUGE amount of time into putting this race together. I hope that it can go off as planned and I am looking forward to it. It will be very disappointing if it ends up being cancelled or moved. However, I am grateful to Connie and the other leaders that are working to make this race a success!

Jim
Jim
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

If the race is not in NC I need to let my boss know that I'll take those vacation days in Gauley season instead.

Anyone want to buy a Sequel?
Louie

Well I heard it is offical

Post by Louie »

The National are at NOC. With no filtration system in place some of the more sensitive paddles are afraid they might get sick. I guess they must have used to paddle gayaks.
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

Could move it to Montana :lol: Rocky bottoms not cement bottoms.
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

BRYSON CITY

Post by billcanoes »

It looks like the nationals will be at Bryson City this year since the park is not scheduled to open until After the 18th