2006 ACA Open Canoe Slalom Nationals Registration

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cminer
c

2006 ACA Open Canoe Slalom Nationals Registration

Post by cminer »

The Registration Package for the 2006 ACA Open Canoe Slalom National Championship is now available at http://2006ACASlalomNationals.home.comcast.net

We look forward to seeing everyone in Charlotte,

Connie Miner
Race Co-Chair

Bill McMillan
Race Co-Chair

[Made "sticky" - Scott Broam]
[Made "unsticky" now that it is past - Scott Broam]
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Will the Zephyr be considered a rec boat

Post by Wendy »

Given that it is a plastic/glass composite, but 11 ft 3 inches will it be in rec class?
Thanks!
Wendy
cminer
c

Post by cminer »

The ACA Open Canoe Slalom Committee Representatives are currently in the process of deciding whether the materials used in the construction of the Zephyr qualify for the REC classes. As soon as the Representatives come to a consensus we will post the outcome.

To qualify for the REC classes, the boat must meet both a materials requirement and a weight restriction. Please be aware that if the Representatives decide that the materials meet the REC class requirements the boat will still have to meet the weight restriction. If the boat is too light you can add weight to the boat to meet this requirement.

The 11' 3" Zephyr can also be raced in the any length RAC classes.

Connie Miner
Race Co-Chair
Louie

so is

Post by Louie »

the course goin to be on the hard side or the easy side of the course ?
eddyhops
CBoats Addict

Post by eddyhops »

Uh, I hope it's just a typo... Fridays' races in July & Sat-Sunday races in August? That's alot of driving... :-?

Also, according to the form, there's no specified mens' classes... does that mean that Caroline Peterson can race Open with the men? :o

That could sting a little...
JD
Bob P
CBoats Addict

Post by Bob P »

eddyhops wrote: Also, according to the form, there's no specified mens' classes... does that mean that Caroline Peterson can race Open with the men? :o

That could sting a little...
I already know that she can "whip" me. I just hope it's not with the cat-o-nine-tails.

High heels maybe. :wink:
Bob P
cminer
c

Post by cminer »

The typo on the Entry Form has fixed to reflect Friday, August 18.

Thank you,
Connie Miner
Race Co-Chair
Bob P
CBoats Addict

Post by Bob P »

In the FWIW department, I spoke to someone who lives in Charlotte this morning. He said an agreement has been made with the locals for access. The park is scheduled to open in the middle of July.
Bob P
cminer
c

Zephyr classification

Post by cminer »

The Committee has reached a decision, they have classified the Zephyr as a RACE boat for the 2006 Nationals.

If you have any questions, please contact your ACA Open Canoe Slalom Division Representative.

Connie Miner
Race Organizer