Off Subject but need help

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Stazsays
c

Off Subject but need help

Post by Stazsays »

I have a 1988 Volkswagon Vanagon that has been in the family for years. In Pa we didnt have to pass emissions inspections so im a little worried about her passing in Virginia. Does anybody know of a trustworthy place to take it in Northern VA? Thanks

Mark
sqbtr
c

Post by sqbtr »

Emissions inspections in northern va are pretty cut and dried. No way to fool the machine, absolutely no visable smoke during the inspection. If it is smoking, change the oil with synthetic (wont burn). Contrary to popular belief there are a lot of concientious and reputable mechanics out there. with that being said I see that you are from clifton, not a lot of choices there, maybe some place close to your place of employment. The only other thing to consider is, If there is a problem with the vehicle passing you want an emissions repair certified mechanic working at an emissions repair facility to repair your vehicle, that way any money you have to put in the vehicle to be applied to the waiver. First step is to take it to an inpsection station and see how it does. if it fails let me know what the readins are, I'll see if I can help you out