Pop weight ranges...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Pop weight ranges...

Post by CosmikDebris »

I was wondering about the weight ranges for the Pop. I havn't gotten to paddle one, and probably won't for a while, but was unable to fit in the Skip as a kayak. There seems to be a huge difference between the two. I'm about 150 lbs, so the Pop seems kind of big. Anyways, thought I'd ask.
Will
-Watch out where the huskies go, and do not eat that yellow snow.
James
C Guru

Post by James »

I tried both the skip and pop, briefly last spring for some park and play (2 hrs each boat), and I`m about 175lbs. For pure playboating at my weight, I thought I was basically in between weight ranges for the two boats, neither felt like the right size. That said, they were both super fun boats, though slow surfing and slow anywhere else. For me, Pop felt big but had good primary stability. A little hard to throw around on the flatwater. Skip was more unstable, but quite a bit easier to throw around. Give the skip some serious thought at 150, the Pop is BIG! Also, I think LL is coming out with a boat in a weight range between these two boats this year, maybe it is the pocket rocket, not sure.
Kevin
C Guru

Skip

Post by Kevin »

If your looking for pure park and play. The Skip fo sure. Im 150lbs, and paddled the pop as a kayak, my best freind paddles it, and it Way to big for me. This years LL boats will be way slower than the skip...there like under 6 ft for our weight range.
Drop Waterfalls, Not Bombs
Timzjatl
C Guru

Post by Timzjatl »

I just bought what I conscider the best C1 playboat for someone my weight (150lbs)... Perception spin! I've had it out once on the river, and once in the pool, and its perma-smile time! It cartwheels almost as easily as the C1 session I've paddled, and is as much fun in a hole as my disco. 45 galons of volume, good edges, and if you have less than huge legs, the perception thigh braces can be used instead of thigh straps, for super slick outfitting. Here's a pic
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 938c7f.jpg[/img]
I think that the skip is a bit too small, and the pop is too big. This feels just right...
Tim