ALF 2010- Who's coming????

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Roger
C Guru

Post by Roger »

RodeoClown wrote:I'll be down for the first part of the week, then heading down for the North Alabama Whitewater Festival on Friday. I'll have a Blackfly demo - and my Blackfly- with me for the folks who want to try one out.

Jeremy
If it makes me paddle like this, I'll buy two!! Nice vid, Jeremy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2fsNS2d ... re=related

excuse me if this has been linked before.
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

Roger wrote:
If it makes me paddle like this, I'll buy two!!
I'm not going to say it'll make you paddle like that, but I will say you probably won't paddle like that without one!
Roger
C Guru

Post by Roger »

I understand! :cry:
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

I love Rodeo clowns reply
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Louie

Post by Louie »

If the Obed or the Big South Fork has big water. Rodeo holes everywhere.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

...as well as the Caney Fork. Would love to see a B'Fly in the Devils Kitchen, no doubt video quality!!!
Louie

Post by Louie »

Remember Phil there are a lot of other rivers besides the Caney Fork, not that it ain't a good one. I do hope we could get on Santellia this year that is a quality run. Hard class IV and just keeps gettin easier as you go down the hill and the road is right beside it the whole way.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

big fun... been there 13' foot boat... thought we walked in a ways, and put in above the road?

((yes lot's to do, the other just runs without much water))
Louie

Post by Louie »

Better check you map Phil the put in is after the road forks you take the left fork goin up river and it is at a low water bridge
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

I'll be there to cover the event and capture all the memorable moments for the Canoe Movie, looking forward to it. Don't worry, we'll have a full makeup and wardrobe crew on board to clean everybody up :lol:
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Cool Will... you think they can give me this "look"?

I figure I may as well get made-up to look like my car...

ever since the price of gas went up I can't afford to take my old van on long road trips anymore... :cry:

Last edited by Craig Smerda on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

Louie wrote:Better check you map Phil the put in is after the road forks you take the left fork goin up river and it is at a low water bridge
Yes - you take the left, and seems like the left road may even fork....been all of about 20 years ago, in a HD1... parking might have been at the road, and we walked up a bit... sure was a hoot, the Tellico was nearly up to the road (!!! mucho macho aqua. !!!) way-way-way over 2-3 grand on the Tennessee side. Several blow down type trees, that required some branch grabbing to get out above... bad juju for the deck boaters, they stayed way back

Anyway there's that, plus more just north and south... and the whole Cumberland Plateau down past Chattanooga (and then some) and up to W.Va.... just saying with a little luck, people could paddle without repeating one of last years runs.... and video of a B'Fly in the last three holes of Devils Kitchen would be something to see.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Will I wouldn't worry too much about havin to brin the KISS makeup.
Phill with the right rain we could do three runs a day for nine days and not have to go to more than 60 miles in any direction.
If I am still in Korea dick and Dooley will be the MC's Dooley class V, Dick class IV . The class III and II boater will have all kind of guides.
East Coast Canoes
C Guru

Post by East Coast Canoes »

looks like there should be a infestation of cboaters form Ohio coming down too, ha ha
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Anyone heard from Oci-One or Hizzhonour?
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell