Utah OC-1ers?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

red alert... red alert

kayaking avatar

alert

alert

alert...

:P
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Yeah, as soon as I get my butt in a OC-1 next week I'll update it to something more "suitable" ahhahahhaha
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Yesterday was a great day, bought and picked up a near-new Zoom then hit an indoor wave pool session with my club. Tell ya what, they weren't kidding when they talked about the Zoom being quite "responsive". I tripped and fell on my face a few times and rolled back up three times, so I'm happy. I'm going to need that skill! My Ocoee will be here this week, can't wait to see the difference.
tkoch

used boat for new paddler ??

Post by tkoch »

Hi I am jelous of you finding a good used boat.
I'm a relatively newbie to this sport comming from a flat water background, but spent a lot of time on the upper Colorado class2-3 sections this last summer in a Leadville friends ancient Old Town Otter canoe and really feel I'm getting the hang of it and I'm hooked and loving it!!! How ever I need a boat and due to other needs, small business owner, 3 young boys(all avid skiers and river trippers) I have a low budget. I like the idea of an ocoee or bigger boat, rendevous is another possibility, old doesn't scare me if the boat is sound and well outfitted. Can anyone help?? I'm located in Leadville ,Co and willing to pay for shipping if the price is right.
cadster
CBoats Addict

Post by cadster »

Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Working on a pump system now that I can transfer to different boats and added some hip pads/lowered the seat an inch. Also working on getting my knees a bit wider in the boat. I think all that will help a little bit with my roll and all round stability in the Zoom.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

The Ocoee rocks, thanks Bruce! Love the way it eddy turns and front surfs.