Sweet-Skills

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Trex
Pain Boater

Sweet-Skills

Post by Trex »

Does anyone know the status of the Sweet-Skills video that Kelvin Horner was making? It's been stuck on “Download Coming Soon” for a really long time. http://www.sweet-skills.com/download.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I tried a couple of emails but got no response back. Hope he's still planning on making it available because the trailer looks interesting.. “Drill Time” and Tom Fosters DVD are great but it would be nice to have an updated skills DVD showing a modern boat with edges.
jakke
CBoats Addict

Re: Sweet-Skills

Post by jakke »

As far as I understand, he's quite busy at the moment. So I'm afraid the updates won't be for tomorrow - I can be mistaken though, in case he's busy with the footage -.
I guess he has all the footage he needs, now the time to put everything together should be found.

Anyway, you can do quite some work with the texts he wrote. I sometimes had a bit of a rough time understanding what he meant after a first reading, but I got there in the end (have been paddling with Kelvin as well, that helped a lot ;-)).
For me it was not only understanding how canoe, paddle and person work together, but also better understanding of how to use the body at more performance. The sum of it all makes quite some difference.

I wouldn't do him much honour by listing my summary of key-components. But once you get the hang of the general idea, it becomes easier to pick up more and more details and integrate it into your own paddling.

Read the texts, read them once more, and watch parts of the trailer, eventually in slow-motion. There is footage of most of these concepts in the trailer.

If Kelvin doesn't reply, I'll ask him in a couple of weeks and try to give some feedback :D
pmp
CBoats Addict

Post by pmp »

hey, in the meantime... I've been adding more video to the list of paddlepointer videos. please post a review under the videos in youtube so that i know what you think of them.
The ALF video is in postproduction now and of course is taking longer than usual but i'm hopeful to have it up on the site by early July.
There are a couple other higher end instructional ones coming as well, since andrew westwood has some sweet new concepts for open boaters that i hope to share.
Paul
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca
bushpaddler
C Guru

Post by bushpaddler »

I'm stuck with Kelvin in France at the moment, drinkin beer and paddling.

It's still gonna get done but he's paddling and chasing girls at the moment :D

Greets from Durance Valley
Flo
http://www.bushpaddler.de/bilderundtouren.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trex
Pain Boater

Post by Trex »

Paddling, drinking beer and chasing girls. Vs editing some video footage. Yep is sounds like he has his priorities straight. :D

Glad to know it's still going to happen. Thanks for the update.
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

@bushpaddler: I'm really sorry for you, sounds like a real nightmare being stuck with Kelvin in the Durance valley. Especially if you add paddling and beer to it :lol: :lol:.

Enjoy your time out there guys, I'll be up there in a couple of weeks!