CBoats UPGRADES COMPLETE

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

kenneth
CBoats.net Staff

Re: CBoats UPGRADES COMPLETE

Post by kenneth »

This has been noted by a few people (in PM and email) and I will be addressing it for sure. Thanks!
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Again, Kenneth. Thank you for all the work you have put into this site.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
kenneth
CBoats.net Staff

Post by kenneth »

Existing posts were not affected, but any new (or newly edited) posts with a link, for example http://cboats.net/outfitting/, should now open up a new tab/window when clicked.
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

Kenneth:

Thanks for all the work on the upgrade!

I have noticed one difference: Previously, if left unread, threads with new posts would not retain their "new post highlighting" after logging off and then returning several hours later. Now it seems that threads with unread posts are perpetually highlighted until I read them.

Is there a personal setting that I have to select to change this feature or its this a Board-wide change brought on by the upgrade? If the latter, I have to respectfully say that I find it annoying to have to read new posts in which I'm not interested in order to "turn off" the highlighting.

John
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

John Coraor wrote:Now it seems that threads with unread posts are perpetually highlighted until I read them.

Is there a personal setting that I have to select to change this feature or its this a Board-wide change brought on by the upgrade? If the latter, I have to respectfully say that I find it annoying to have to read new posts in which I'm not interested in order to "turn off" the highlighting.

John
I agree with John. Is that a fixable?
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

You can look just above the "Last Post" column & click "Mark topics read". That will un-highlight every topic in that forum.

I think it's a pretty cool feature. Sometimes I don't have time to read everything that I want to, so now the unread topics stay highlighted. Now when I return, I can still tell which ones I haven't read. Once I've read everything I'm interested in I can just click "Mark topics read" & they're all un-highlighted.
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

Mike W. wrote:You can look just above the "Last Post" column & click "Mark topics read". That will un-highlight every topic in that forum.

I think it's a pretty cool feature. Sometimes I don't have time to read everything that I want to, so now the unread topics stay highlighted. Now when I return, I can still tell which ones I haven't read. Once I've read everything I'm interested in I can just click "Mark topics read" & they're all un-highlighted.
Thanks for the helpful advice!

John
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Mike W. wrote:You can look just above the "Last Post" column & click "Mark topics read". That will un-highlight every topic in that forum.
Thanks, Mike. It took a while for me to find that feature--I had to go back to Board index on the upper left first in order to find that tab. Very nice to have that! :D
C-boats Moderator