Big Dog Force OC1 shells roll off the production line (long)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Is there anywhere to mount straps? As you know from having the old demo-boat I'd been using, I normally punch a section of drainpipe through the centre of my saddle to anchor thigh-straps.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product at WWPF.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
bob mckee
C Boater

Post by bob mckee »

If you're a strap mounter Josh then I think you'll be doing a bit of improvising as ever. The idea is to go with a bulkhead and foot brace option. Thinking about the saddle I think it would be fairly easy to get some straps on there if you so desired. I'll let you know if I get anything further on that.

As for getting the boats in the various parts of the USA I think Eli has been pointing you guys in the East in the right direction for sure. Get in touch with them and say you want to demo / buy one.

I'm certain one will be winging it's way Eli's direction pretty soon too. The Guru needs to keep the fleet up to date.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

bob mckee wrote:If you're a strap mounter Josh then I think you'll be doing a bit of improvising as ever. The idea is to go with a bulkhead and foot brace option. Thinking about the saddle I think it would be fairly easy to get some straps on there if you so desired. I'll let you know if I get anything further on that.
I'll see at WWPF, or tomorrow if we're lucky with the weather;

I was thinking about using some of that Devcon Plastic Welder stuff and to assemble a C1 with no bolting, I'm thinking I could use a plastic bracket and mount that to the saddle. Or if all else fails, pop rivets and sikaflex!
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
bob mckee
C Boater

Post by bob mckee »

I'm afraid the boat at WWPF will have pre-production rough as anything Bob foam outfitting........but I can give you a good idea on how it's all going to work.

See you at WWPF. Looks like we might get some water. Looking forward to it!
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

Big Dog Force OC-1 Production model pictures ... posted for Bob

looks like a fun boat.... wouldnt mind seeing more photos of the outfitting
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
hankrankin
C Guru

Post by hankrankin »

the boat would be more "open" if you got rid of the holes in the deckish? area. RIGHT? Is there a reason for those, or just style points? Other than the random holes ontop, it looks great. Can you leave the deck there uncut full of holes? i'm thinking a naked woman cut out design like a truck mudflap... oooh mudflaps and canoes, maybe ive had too much to drink...or maybe not!
bob mckee
C Boater

Post by bob mckee »

Cheers skeeterguy! Really appreciate the help there. Everyone needs their own personal I.T. Department!

Spoke to the guys yesterday the oufitting will be finished up over the next couple of weeks as soon as it's done I'll get something on here.

As for the holes......if there were no holes it'd be less open!! Like I said feel free to cut them out completely.

Paddled the shell for the first time yesterday. Got to say I was super pleased. Much much drier than the prototypes and a lot more forgiving. Speed was still there. This boat is going to stomp all over the steep stuff. The extra volume makes it sit a lot nicer when surfing the waves too. I only surfed for a couple of seconds so more on that soon. I've got to say I'm looking forward to the plastic outfitting as usual my foam was a disaster! Anyway it was a lot of fun. I'm rushing to my day job now but I'll post a full write up and hopefully some decent action shots after the wet west paddle fest in Scotland this weekend.
Lennart
Pain Boater

Post by Lennart »

:D I got the one from the Kanumesse. It looks sweet, paddled it yesterday on flatwater, feld good. Now I am wondering, wait on the plastic or start glue-ing. I think glueing will be
Propper Writing in English, how do you do that, with dyslexia, bad hand eye coordination, ect. and in a foreign language
sorry fore all the mistakes.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

Those holes ...

... maybe to keep your skirt from imploding?
    ^~^~^ different strokes ~ for different folks ^~^~^
    jakke
    CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

Lennart wrote::D I got the one from the Kanumesse. It looks sweet, paddled it yesterday on flatwater, feld good. Now I am wondering, wait on the plastic or start glue-ing. I think glueing will be
    Lucky you!

I'd love to try one out, but apparently one demo model is coming to Belgium too! It looks like a really sweet canoe for when I need a bit more stability then I have in my prelude and for a really tempting price!
    xmas0c1c1k1
    CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

guess you could throw some duct tape over the holes :wink:
    I really am digging the way this boat looks
    NickParker
    C Guru

Post by NickParker »

I think there is a reason for the holes, the bigger holes are about the size of a beer bottle, and the smaller ones should fit a shot glass.
    xmas0c1c1k1
    CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

:D
    FullGnarlzOC
    C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

hmm
    Last edited by FullGnarlzOC on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
    Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
    Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
    FullGnarlzOC
    C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

I'm guessin the holes help dumping
    http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
    Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
    Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com