Forms are now available for the 2010 TVCC Ocoee Race.

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

tnblueboat
c

Forms are now available for the 2010 TVCC Ocoee Race.

Post by tnblueboat »

New divisions have been added and proceeds from the after party will be going to First Descents. (www.firstdecents.org)

The race is $20 for participants who are not currently members of TVCC. The $20 registration fee covers a one year club membership and you race fees. There is an additional $5 fee if you are not an ACA member.

http://www.tvccpaddler.com/index.php?op ... info&id=44
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Wish I could be there but I can't... but I will publicly commit $25 to pay for Louie's entry fee so he can race in my place. :P

There's more info here... http://boatertalk.com/forum/BoaterTalk/1052207482/

First Descents is a worthy cause... hope y'all can go out and make a big showing with some C-boats

It's not over for Canoes... so here's some inspiration for ya!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zc0BI7T1LA

:lol:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

As a matter of fact... I'll even put up an additional $25 entry fee for Eddy (Tom) McGnarlzzzzz as well if he wants to go down and race... how's that sound?

:P
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Hah, thanks Craig. I'd love to go down and help represent all that is canoeing. :)

I'd even be able to get my ME some exercise if I ran it... as I'm guessing that would be better than a detonator.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
iRolled
BlackFly Canoes

Post by iRolled »

Hey, Craig

How bout payin for me while you're at it. I'll show up fer sure. 8)
Team Blackfly
http://www.blackflycanoes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.astraldesigns.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.immersionresearch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

swimingmexican wrote:Hey, Craig

How bout payin for me while you're at it. I'll show up fer sure. 8)
Yeah... like I'm "loaded" or something. :lol:

Haven't you started a "I dun blew up mah engine" fund yet Alex?

I just figured since I can't come to race and because I've seen what the First Descents group do for people first hand I'd somehow try to contribute and inspire others. A good friend of mine (Brock Royer) is involved with them and contributes a lot of his time and energy to people dealing with cancer. Both Brock and his brother are cancer survivors and I have a few friends and loved ones that have fought the fight... some have won and some have lost. At some point I think cancer ends up touching us all... and for those of them getting over it or dealing with it that want to get out and try paddling or other adventurous activities I think it's important to support that cause in whatever ways we can even if it's a small donation. The bonus on this one... y'all get to race in canoes, C1's or ??? to promote our sport and to do something good for others at the same time.
Louie

Post by Louie »

1 ST THING Alex you aqre already sponscered and it ain't by Esquif

2ND THING What makes you think I ain't a member of the ACA?
It is American Kayaker (AW) i wouldn't give piss to take a pill with.

3RD THING As a member of Team Esquif I will have to race in an Zoom, Teaureau, or Ledge. If I am just shownin the color I will run in a Ledge, if you want me to win you will need to get me Spark.

Now is this a sprint like at ALF or is it a go the distance real race, where bein able to hit the dry lines and paceing yourself counts?

Also what weekend is this, I think I am goin with the lost Tribe on the 3rd of Oct and I haved to work on the 9th of Oct. (maybe, it not like nuclear waste is goin anywhere fast).

I am assumin this money is comin from Esquif, so right now i want to say no Loonies or Toonies. Gold (Kugrans), Yankee dollars, or Mexican Paso's (15 to the dollar) only. Pre 1964 silver coins accepeted at face valve, with prearangemt and sender payin all shippin cost. Of course as usual only small, unmarked, non sequential bill and transfered through double blind drop
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Louie wrote:1 ST THING Alex you aqre already sponscered and it ain't by Esquif

2ND THING What makes you think I ain't a member of the ACA?
It is American Kayaker (AW) i wouldn't give piss to take a pill with.

3RD THING As a member of Team Esquif I will have to race in an Zoom, Teaureau, or Ledge. If I am just shownin the color I will run in a Ledge, if you want me to win you will need to get me Spark.

Now is this a sprint like at ALF or is it a go the distance real race, where bein able to hit the dry lines and paceing yourself counts?

Also what weekend is this, I think I am goin with the lost Tribe on the 3rd of Oct and I haved to work on the 9th of Oct. (maybe, it not like nuclear waste is goin anywhere fast).

I am assumin this money is comin from Esquif, so right now i want to say no Loonies or Toonies. Gold (Kugrans), Yankee dollars, or Mexican Paso's (15 to the dollar) only. Pre 1964 silver coins accepeted at face valve, with prearangemt and sender payin all shippin cost. Of course as usual only small, unmarked, non sequential bill and transfered through double blind drop
If you are an ACA member it's $20... thanks for saving me $5

You should run whatever you think you'll be the dryest and fastest in... that's what I would do... so will everyone else that'll be racing against you.

Sounds to me like an actual down-river race of the Ocoee putting in at the dam and running clear to heck hole... I think you're fairly familar with that river after all these years.

October 16th

The money will be coming directly out of my back pocket... I'll skip a good six-pack of beer and avoid going out to eat one night... that should cover it.

Lastly... it's for a good cause.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Stageing eddy ain't really at the dam it is below grumpys.
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Race

Post by horizongfx »

I came in second in the open boat Class Last year in a Probe 14, I got beat by a spark.............................
Did I mention the were only 2 open boats????
Jim Ledbetter and myself :roll: left make it a real race and have more than 2 Open boats this year !Image
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

tnblueboat
c

Good news...

Post by tnblueboat »

If you missed the main in registration deadline of 10/9 and still want to race, you can still register the day of the race. Registration begins @ 9 a.m. in the upper parking lot at the middle put-in.
Last edited by tnblueboat on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M. Wright
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

Sent mine in last week. Dooley & Matt you guy's interested???

:D - the more the merrier !!!
tnblueboat
c

Post by tnblueboat »

Louie - Just read your question about the race. It will be from the ramp eddy above Grumpy’s to hades Hole with one minute intervals between each racer.
M. Wright
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Results????

How many people raced in C1 or OC1 classes?

Someone care to tell me if Louie raced or not? I asked him at least three times for his mailing address so I could send his $20 but never heard back from him?