2010 N. Branch of the Potomac Armada / Cquirt May 21-23

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

sbroam wrote:Don't confuse Paul with details. Also, it might be wise to remember which way he *points* when giving directions (rapids or roads) and not whether he *says* left or right.
I see you have paddled with himbefore :P
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

ok, where's the red brick parking lot? (sat am meeting)
Joe
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Let's see if this google maps link works :

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... bff903bb95

I also plugged in 10 Savage River Rd, Bloomington, MD and that will drive you almost right to it - it's actually on Maryland 135, but I couldn't get google to plot a street number.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

PAC wrote:Oh and KNeal I only provide those type of directions to Big Al and yourself. I take care of my friends!

"Hey KNeal. There's a really cool line starting on the top left of Double Hydraulic. Start left and ferry right just above the boat-munching hole then come back left before the next boat-munching hole."
Tell me something I haven't already figured out. How long have I known you? :wink:

And I keep coming back to hook up with you too!

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

KNeal wrote....
"Hey KNeal. There's a really cool line starting on the top left of Double Hydraulic. Start left and ferry right just above the boat-munching hole then come back left before the next boat-munching hole."
Well it is a really cool move... when done correctly! But its cooler when you can watch your bud screw it up! Just say'n!!!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
jnorto01
C Guru

Post by jnorto01 »

One of my buds blew that move last summer. The resulting linked ends were spectacular :o
old and in the way
C Guru

Post by old and in the way »

PAC wrote:Nope it would be ....

"Conordia 99 +11"

Oh and KNeal I only provide those type of directions to Big Al and yourself. I take care of my friends!

My bad on the SP - fixed that too!
Hey, I'm in that picture...(although I think it's spelled Concordia)
"As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run." -Sigurd Olson
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

is that ed gertler down in front?
Joe
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Fox's has been warn... I mean, notified.
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

Friday AM

Post by ohioboater »

Anybody paddling/meeting later than 9 am on Friday (other than the cquirt boaters)? I'll do 9 am if that's when everyone is meeting, but it'd be nice to not have to leave home at 5:30...
Plumbpass
C Boater

Post by Plumbpass »

Big Wilie Style and are leaving North Bay, Ontario, Canada, Thursday around the lunch hour. We'll be picking up Colin on our way past and trying our best to catch up with the other Canadians (not Canadiens, they suck. Go Philly.) somewhere on the road. We're looking forward to it!!
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

Isn't double hydrolic on the Dry Fork? Well I know there is one but not the same move.
I am hoping to get on the Dry Fork Friday, It is a little further than the Narrows, but worth the drive.
I'll be staying with friend Walt. Our Motto is don't put on before 1 and don't take out till 7.
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

Post by ohioboater »

Dry Fork would be cool - that's another one on my list that I want to run some day. Gauge curve looks like it'll be close AW's minimum of 3.0 by late morning tomorrow. Is that going to work, or will it be too low?
jnorto01
C Guru

Post by jnorto01 »

Hole Brothers is the feature on the Dry Fork if you are thinking about the 2 almost river wide holes that are back to back.
The 1 time that I did the run I found both to be surf friendly, as opposed to Double Hydraulic on the LY which is not recomended.
C1Dub
C Guru

Im in for Sat.

Post by C1Dub »

Ok looks like Jim has convinced me to drag my sorry butt down the river on Sat. and dump other plans. (He really twisted my arm :wink: ) If the water's up someone be prepared to fish me out. I :o 'm bringing the open boat . . .glub, glub.

Natalie