vertige x reviews?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

I love my Vertige X as a solo boat.

She is taking a beating but still loves me.

She kicks me out every now and then in nasty places to show me she still wears the pants in our relationship :o
Blog: http://cmnypny.blogspot.com/
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)
d_rat
c

Post by d_rat »

I'm a big fan of buying the used boat that you find. I spent a while looking for a caption or Vertige X, having paddled neither - and ended up buying an ME because one came up for sale cheap in my area. And we're having a blast with it. May not be perfect (a bit wet, though we're still learning its capabilities), but if I was holding out for that caption, we wouldn't have any tandem playboat at all. From what I can tell, ww tandems don't turn over the same way that ww solos do.

One of these days, maybe Don will let us try out his Vertige X, and if you decide yours isn't for you, maybe we'll take it off of your hands.
Always on the look out for paddling partners in the Catskills...
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

Nothing wrong with the Vertige-X.

As the advertising suggests, it's a good boat for new tandem paddlers, and quite forgiving for new tandem teams. Yet it's lively enough to give experienced teams a good ride.

Stability-wise, it's solid and predictable, yet lively. It's fairly quick off the mark and tracks well onto the wave. Once your there, it's moderately responsive.

It may be a little wet on a steep wave, but -- hey! nothing's perfect! I'm thinking of trying a nylon cover on the bow to keep friendly waves out.

Enjoy!
C'est l'aviron. . . !