How do I mount seatbelt in glass boat?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

How do I mount seatbelt in glass boat?

Post by CosmikDebris »

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make an attatchment point in my Acrobat for a seatbelt. I tried epoxying one of those big vinyl D-Rings like in open boats but the epoxy didn't hold at all. I also tried contact cement and it also didn't work. I thought about putting one or two small screws in but thought that would stress the glass a lot. Any ideas? Thanks,
will
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Suggestion...

Post by PAC »

Don't epoxy rubber D-rings or drill for bolts. Epoxy strapping to the interior hull after you rough it up. The straps should look like an omega sign (or upsidedown U with out rigging) with enough spacing to feed the belt strap through. Make sure you have enough strapping on the hull as well. Then attach the belt to those loops. Send me your email Will and I'll send you photos. Not sure if my explaination makes sense. I just worked up a creeker (glass creeker - ok its an oxymoron in todays world) and an old race boat (early 80s) that still is holding up set up this way. Good luck!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Thanks, I did just what you said and it worked beautifully. Finally, the Acrobat outfitting saga is complete and I'm ready to go boatin'!
-Will