AUGUST OTTAWA ARMADA INFO!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Kalin
Pain Boater

AUGUST OTTAWA ARMADA INFO!

Post by Kalin »

HELLO EVERYONE! :D

At this Springs'a Armada on the NB Potomac, it was suggested that another Ottawa type Armada be planned for August...so consider this your invitation to a grassroots, no-nonsense let's go boatin' type of festival!

We have had many US boaters express an interest in coming to explore our rivers...so this is a great chance for us to showcase what Ontario paddling is all about!

Here are some details and a rough outline of the weekend ( I am TOTALLY flexible with this!!! Feel free to give me some feedback!):

**Friday August 1st to Monday August 4th-Use River Run as our Base Camp. We can set aside one of the quiet group camping areas to ourselves

*Paddle the Ottawa, Rouge, Gatineau, Madawaska....whatever has the best water and whatever suits paddlers desires!!

*Share tips and tricks, do some outfitting, have some informal on-water clinics (any leaders wanna volunteer?)

*Sell some boats or gear

*Meet some new friends and visit with some old ones.....tell lies around the campfire, etc...

*the list goes on......

I am not planning on huge corporate sponsors, websites, big prizes or lotsa fanfare...considering we are all busy people and the date is just over a month away I am proposing this:

Let's get together and laugh and play.

Hope you can make it.

Looking forward to sharing an eddy with you soon.

Best Wishes,

Kalin of the Great White North. 8)

P.S.> Some great websites to check out are:

http://www.boatwerks.net/

www.ottawariver.com

www.kipawariver.ca

http://www.ottawakayak.com/

http://www.gatineau.org/
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

I *should* be there!

Post by Sir Adam »

Barring any schedule changes, I'll be there :D .
Keep the C!
Adam
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Hey, Kalin

Post by KNeal »

Where the HAYELL you been :o ?! No word from you since the April Armada until now! You got some 'splainin' to do, boy :o ! The August Armada sounds great. I'll see if Ellen can take time off and we road trip up there like I've been promising you for, oh, 2 years now. You can catch me up with everything then :D . Maybe I can get Mike W. to come along with his Viper 8) !

KNeal
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Rats...

Post by PAC »

Why is it that the Northern Armadas are always scheduled for the week the family beach trip is scheduled? And don't even think about going ther... "Cancel out on the beach!". The kids would take pick axes to my boats and the wife well lets just say even the dog would have better digs!! :(
Have fun and maybe next year - sigh!!! One of these days I'll get up there!
Besides that Groove is sold - right! So there would be no reason to make the drive! :wink:
Enjoy and be well!!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Weeehaaa!

Post by NZMatt »

See you there Kalin. Might only be able to do Sat & Sun since I'm taking Mon and Tues of the previous week off to drive back from Wausau, but I'll be there, hades or high water (preferably the later :) )

Matt
Joey

hey man

Post by Joey »

camille and i are planning on being there, assuming our truck doesnt break down on the way. we are in california right now, so there is 3000 miles in our way. i think we will show up early as planned so we can get some more boating in. cant wait to see everyone --- joey
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Good news and bad news

Post by KNeal »

Ellen and I have set our itinerary for our health and medical education classes and none of them include anything up north this year, so we will not be coming up for the August Armada. That was the bad news. The good news is one of our sessions will take us into Ocoee land in October, so I should be able to meet some of our southern bretheren for paddling and grits :D . Sorry I'll miss y'all up north, but I sure am looking forward to going south in the fall. More info about a southern fall armada coming in a month.

KNeal
Kalin
Pain Boater

More details to follow!!!

Post by Kalin »

Hey Gang!

Thanks for the interest so far! Can't wait to see all of you who are planning on making it...Joey-get up here! You're gonna LOVE it!!

I have also received emails from people up here indicating they will be there as well...so this will be a great weekend!

If you have specific q's then drop me a line at: ctwosea@hotmail.com or post here....

I will post more details in about a week!

Cheers!

Kalin. 8)
Camille
c

hungry hungry hippos....

Post by Camille »

Hey everyone,
i don't know what kind of budget everyone else is on but by the end of our-ahem-2 month boating trip, joey and i are going to be strapped for cash.
how do people feel about doing a pot luck at some point? we can make a mean chili and i'm sure everyone else has some secret recipe to brag about.
and more importantly , what about a beer potluck???????? everyone bring a 6-pack?? c-boaters can't rely on ibuprofen all the time.

camille & joey
ps-we're doing the white salmon this weekend. as many times as we want. any one want to meet us at the put in? 8)
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Pot luck food and beer

Post by NZMatt »

Hiya Camille

I think that's a great idea. A suggestion for the beer selection - bring something from where you are from :) (or where you've been if you haven't been home in a while)

Glad to hear you guys are having a blast!

Matt