Fall Creek Slalom, Ithaca, NY - April 5-6

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Fall Creek Slalom, Ithaca, NY - April 5-6

Post by NZMatt »

Howdy all

I just wanted to let folks know that there is a friendly slalom race happening the first weekend of April in Ithaca, NY. The event is run annually by Cornell Outdoor Education (COE) and takes place on Fall Creek. Likely flows will make the course site class II although at high water it is class III. Practise will be Saturday (with clinics) and the race will happen on Sunday. There will be a full range of C1/2 and OC1/2 classes. For more information, check out

http://www.coe.cornell.edu/goto.jsp?pag ... creek.race

If folks need a place to crash, then there'll be floor space or tent space available at my place (please contact me by email at mds34@cornell.edu if you need this). Hope to see some of you there.

Cheers

Matt
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

I'll have to miss it

Post by KNeal »

I've been wanting to get up to participate in that event. Unfortunately,I am taking an ACLS certification course that weekend. That would probably make a good spring mini-Armada for next year. I have a brother-in-law that lives in Trumansburg, so I definitely have a place to stay. Now that I know you live up in Ithaca, I'll try and contact you when we come up for a visit.

KNeal
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Ithaca

Post by NZMatt »

Howdy KNeal

Yep, I'm here in Ithaca, atleast until the end of this year. I'm desperately trying to finish GradSchool and escape :) Still, if you're in town this summer or fall, give me a yell.

Matt
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Reminder-Fall Creek Slalom this weekend (APril 5-6)

Post by NZMatt »

HI all

Just a reminder about our little slalom event this weekend. Should be a lot of fun :)

Matt
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Sorry...

Post by Sir Adam »

Greetings...

Do to non-paddling stuff I've got to do (fix a truck) I won't be there. I'm hoping to get a little paddling in on the Hudson though. Have fun...hopefully I'll be able to do the whole circuit next year....
Keep the C!
Adam
Aldenb

slalom

Post by Aldenb »

hey matt,

I won't make it Ithaca this weekend (I'm racing the Mascoma in NH -- it's a lot closer for me) But just out of curiousity -- who is teaching the clinics on Saturday?

Well, paddle like hades, let me know who wins C-1 (I'll let you know right now who is going to win Mascoma, hahah . . ..)
later
Alden
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

clinics

Post by NZMatt »

A couple of the local paddlers are leading the clinics - Kevin Todd (who will presumably be looking after the C1/OC1 side of things) and Jamie (whose last name I forget and who I presume will be looking after the K1 side of things. Both have a lot of experience both with Slalom and with coaching, so it should be very worthwhile. Jamie used to run one of the paddling schools down south (was it Valley Mill?) and Kevin used to be a highly competitive OC1 slalom paddler (he's still extremely good, but competes less these days due to family commitments). I think I got that all right. :) No offense to the parties involved if I goofed

Matt