March 9 before official ALF

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Riverken
C Guru

March 9 before official ALF

Post by Riverken »

Hi All

I'll be arriving in Lenoir City in time to boat on Saturday March 9. I'd like to run a class 3 warm up that day, so if you'll be around please get in touch.

Also, last year I was able to catch the Tohicken on my way home the following weekend. Can anyone tell me whether there is going to be a Tohicken release in March, and when?

Thanks.

Ken (of the shark-mouth Option)
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Re: March 9 before official ALF

Post by Creeker »

I don't believe the tohickon release is on that 2nd alf weekend, but it could be running naturally. if it is running people will be there on the weekend. You might want to tune in to see if you get lucky with a run on the lower Shahola (near milford, Pa) or the Brodhead (near stroudsburg, Pa) The Pa Creekers facebook group can plug you into a creek run in the delaware watershed anytime you are in that area. All the eastern Pa canoe creekers watch that group.
riverharlot
C Boater

Re: March 9 before official ALF

Post by riverharlot »

The tohican release is the 3rd weekend in March which would be 3/16 and 3/17. I have not heard anything that it is not being held this year. I've seen a few clubs post it on their boards.
sar
--
Nothing is more soft and yielding than water.
Yet for dissolving the hard and inflexible nothing can surpass it.
Lao Tzu