A favor from anyone who has paddled a converted Kayak...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adamin
CBoats.net Staff

A favor from anyone who has paddled a converted Kayak...

Post by adamin »

For several years we've had requests from folks to create a database, similar to the "C Museum", but dedicated to listing all the different conversions that folks have done, and what worked and what has not, for a given height / weight / paddling style.

After said many years, WE HAVE IT! And yet to date there are only 2 entries.... So, PLEASE, if you've paddled a converted kayak, submit it under the "Search Boats" dialogue in the upper left. If you don't have any images to upload, that's OK. If you do, you can now upload them to our server right from your hard drive (max. of 50k per image).

Now is a great time to get the information in there...before spring gets here and we spend all our time on the water:)

Thank you!
Adam
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

:wink: Converted to what? Latter Day Saint? LouieFester?
jnorto01
C Guru

Big Thanks for getting this working

Post by jnorto01 »

Adam and Kenneth, Thanks for activating the conversions page. I'll be posting my X conversion when I get some time this weekend and If I can get a hold of a digital camera I'll enter my Solo. Jim
adamin
CBoats.net Staff

Post by adamin »

THANK YOU to PaddlePower and Liskahon for inputting boats!

Jim, I look forward to reading your "reviews"!
East Coast Canoes
C Guru

Post by East Coast Canoes »

Adamin,
i tried to summit a couple of boat conversions and keep gettin a data error.
any help?
thanks,
John
East Coast Canoes
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

I also tried adding boats and received the error message.
help
B
adamin
CBoats.net Staff

Post by adamin »

Greetings!

Sorry to hear you are both having difficulties. Several folks successfully submitted boats today, so it appears this may the worst kind of error - an intermittent one!
Please copy and past the error message the next time you (or anyone else) receives it and e-mail me (using the "e-mail" link here, or the contact form at the bottom of the page).

Thank you for your patience, and the boat submissions!

Adam
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Wavesport Big EZ & Forplay added.

Not a conversion, but I noticed that there is no photo of the Blue Hole Sequel. Let me know if you want one.
Ed Eout
C Boater

Jim Norton

Post by Ed Eout »

Your email bounced. The Solo pics are ready. Email me your new address and I'll attachem back to ya.
have fun or go home!
kenneth
CBoats.net Staff

Post by kenneth »

I can't reproduce the error you guys are talking about, so I've tweaked the code to properly log these errors to disk. Pretty please, go and add your boats again and hopefully you'll get the same error so I can diagnose it properly. :)
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

Re errors, make sure your images are of the right file type and under the 50 K size limit. It took me some time to figure out how to reduce my images so that they were small enough and still jpegs.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kenneth
CBoats.net Staff

Post by kenneth »

The errors have been fixed, yay! There were three boats that failed to be added this morning, and based on those I was able to fix the issue and have added them to the system for you. There are currently 5 conversions pending final approval, thanks for your patience.

cbcboat, your Big Wheel is awaiting our approval

East Coast Canoes, your 420 is awaiting our approval

billcanoes, your I3 223 is awaiting our approval

Boats awaiting approval may be edited by the submitter at any time. I was not able to add any images on your behalves, so cbcoat, East Coast and billcanoes, please edit your boats and add any images you may have. Thanks!
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

Yup it works. I will sometime try to add pictures of my actual conversions, not just stock photos.
B