Tohickon Creek Release Nov 7/8

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Riverscout
C Boater

Tohickon Creek Release Nov 7/8

Post by Riverscout »

Who's in for Tohickon Creek release weekend Nov. 7/8

This is always a popular run and there always seem to be a lot of open boats. With a little coordination we can take over the river!!!
Louie

Post by Louie »

Where is it?
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

PA, one hr north of philly. i'll be there both days. good chilidogs.
Joe
Louie

Post by Louie »

PLG will be in Portsmith Ohio, with his boatand then I'll let him know. Is Portsmith close?
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

tohickon is six or more hrs from ohio border. what do you consider close? maybe ohioboater or mr tgrips can put him on some water out there. yough etc.
Joe
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

Oh I'll be there,Its in me back yard, just have to descide if Im gonna party at the takeout or comfy on the couch at home.

FYI if you never been it's a quick class III run that can fill up with tupperware if you put on at the peak hours.

BOnuses to that are:

ample targets in the eddies.

extra boof rocks made up of inverted yaks.

multiple runs means you dont have to bring your beer with you, just have a shuttle cooler

shorter swims in this the early "cooler" water
Proud Yankee
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

I'll definitely be there. I'll be driving down from Connecticut on Friday. I'll be paddling an OC-1 but I'll also be bringing a Shredder in order to give a lady and her daughter a ride.

The Shredder should be a lot of fun. I'll be able to wipe out not only the kayaks but the canoes too. :lol: :lol: With so many boats on the river I'll have lots of targets. :evil:

Just kidding, :roll:

Jim
jottsee
Pain Boater

Post by jottsee »

I would love to spend a day out there if someone wouldn't mind showing me the lines. It will be my first trip out since I moved out east 3 months ago.

jc

PS - this trip is contingent on my wife delivering our daughter on or B4 her due date.
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

no prob Jottse, Lines a re pretty strait forward, hardest part is finding an emty eddy sometimes. putting on brfore or after the crowds are usually a good idea. altho it would be great to have a ALf sive crew hitting the rush hour. of course if the weather isnt perfect alot of yakkers stay home.

will be there, time determined by temp, if its warm Ill go early to maximize runs. shoot me some email when it gets closer
Prerig atMsn.com
Proud Yankee
jottsee
Pain Boater

Post by jottsee »

Thanks tony

I am looking forward to getting out, it has been a while

jc
jim gross
CBoats Addict

Holy Tomale

Post by jim gross »

Will someone be able to show Longboatin down the lines? ;-)

Jim
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

Jim, with a boat that long just point downstream three paddle strokes the run will be over :)
Proud Yankee
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

Longboatin has been on this creek before and he doesn't need anyone to show him any lines on any creek, he knows how to read water better than louie knows how to get to his own mailbox. We may be making the journey east, depends on weather and what else is running. We have to drive away from some good water nearly 5 hours to get to a class -3 creek. That takes more motivation than I have sometimes. But if we do show up, longboatin will show you some lines you probably wouldn't even pick up on and I'll be impressed if you can follow him.
jottsee
Pain Boater

Post by jottsee »

How are times working out for people? Saturday works best for me. I would be up for a couple of laps if that is doable. I may even come out Fri night. Any recommendations on places to camp.

thx
jc
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

camp at tonyb's place with everyone else. free beer, lots of women, and longboatin's gonna show us all the new lines!
Joe